SecurityDR Data Guard Thumbdrive Lock - 2 Pack

Wow…i wish I got paid rediculous amounts of money to come up with rediculous ideas like this…

These are great for hiding your crack cocain! and mom cant nose through them unless you give her the passcode

Here’s a better solution:

Cut the drive in half lengthwise and drill a hole in the end of each new half. Put one half on a chain around your neck and put the other in the egg of an emerald dragon. That will keep your data just as safe.

Why do you post items that you yourselves think are s@#t? Don’t you guys have any sense of pride?

I have to admit, I like the fact that both combos are set to “007,”

Also, it appears from the item description that even the Woot staffers are passing on this one. I don’t know whether to applaud the guy who wrote the copy for this one, or to weep for his soon-to-be-vacant job.

No, then they’d actually be useful. I see no point in these at all. I vote worst woot ever.

seriously, even at $5 for a pair, why would anyone need these? especially if they only do a mediocre job of securing anything. if you have sensitive enough of info, wouldn’t you already have some awesome state of the art way of securing your computer??

holy crap - someone actually bought not one but three?!?

what really makes this the worst woot ever is that it’s a completely useless tech gadget. At least the WiFi bread maker could make bread.

I have never seen these … I CANT STOP LAUGHING!!!.. WOW… ROFL… seriously… if you buy these you are an idiot… the whole point to a thumbdrive is its small size… and if security is a concern… just password protect or encrypt the data…

Still laughing!!!

what the hell is it?

how does it prevent people from just prying it off with some pliers?

LAME…Woot, how do you even come by selling these things.

and how are you gonna keep up your $40million revenue with stuff like this?

I like how the combinations in woot’s picture read “007”

:stuck_out_tongue:

Rule of thumb-

Never pay more for shipping than what the actually item(s) are worth…

gnite!

let’s see… for those of you who are always whining about how the woot “isn’t Mac compatible”… have fun with this one.

for those of us… don’t let your guard down, because this is indeed, the worst woot ever.

Wow! Not only can they lock thumbdrives but anything with a USB connector! I can lock my sync cables, my scanner, my printer.

I’m in for 6!

Are these right and left thumb compatible?

“worst woot ever”

one of the best wootcasts though :slight_smile:

C’mon woot, are you kidding me!

If a “secure” drive fell into the wrong hands, how difficult could it be to hack it apart? I mean, with all of the different shapes and makes of thumbdrives these days, these locks can only grip onto the USB portion to ensure compatibility. If someone REALLY wanted to access the date, they could dissect the thumbdrive and recreate the USB connection in any variety of ways.

It would be cool if these locks could send a power surge through the drive upon tampering, but I imagine that could be extremely difficult (if at all possible) to implement.

Bottom line, Woot!, you disappointed me tonight, but you gave me a decent distraction from my work, so all is forgiven.

I guess we now know what will be in the Bright Orange Crayon next time.

I’m gonna get some and use 499 as the combo, then use them as fishing weights.

For those of you asking. You take this add it to the usb connecter end of you usb drive and and a combination. It is avery big lock to secure your usb so no one can use it without knowing the combo and getting it off. It is pretty much useless unless your CIA or something…and even then.