Seeing Red

Woot Cellars wines are made for us by a winery. Shipment of that wine depends on the licensing of that winery. They must have a license for each state they ship to.

My brief CT notes on the Woot Cellars Pour, Pour Me Fruit Bomber Zin;
“In your face heat, fruit and spice. Big jammy zin with grippy tannins.”

I gave it a score of 87 because I enjoy big jammy zins. Otherwise it would have been closer to 84.

EDIT: Pushed the big orange button on the Enos Brack Mountain Girasole to get combined shipping with the Clary Ranch Syrah. Looking forward to trying this one and will be keeping an eye out for the Rosé of Charbono.

The winery info tab on the Martian Ranch Santa Ynez Syrah is still incorrectly showing Greg Martellotto as the winemaker, just as it has the last several times this wine was offered.

Re; 2008 Enos Girasole, Dry Creek Valley and Chalk Hill

A brown monkey did not mysteriously drop off a bottle of this. No, I was in a Whole Foods looking over their wine selection and I was somewhat surprised to see this on their shelves. Price: $18. I could not resist buying a bottle of this, as well as a bottle of 2010 Bench CS (but that is another review in the making).

PnP: noticed a little oak and some fresh berries, perhaps strawberry or raspberry. Color: light magenta, with more lightness around the edges. After swirling, legs form and decend slowly down the sides of the burgundy wine glass. First taste reveals cherry and pepper, with a tart finish. Overall, very light flavors. Not surprising that this is sangio and CS.

After an hour in the decanter, I revisit this with dinner, which includes bbq chicken, corn on the cob and broccoli. The flavor profile is pretty much unchanged; i.e. cherry, berry and pepper. But what has changed is that the wine is now very much smoother and the tart finish from before has mellowed. The finish is dry, somewhat like when you have a glass of tea without sugar.

Overall, +1 and I really enjoyed this with dinner and after dinner. The bottle is now empty. If I hadn’t picked up four bottles, this would have been a WW buy for me.

Right On! Thank you for the review, I am showing it in the West Texas market this week and making a ton of new placements each day. A true beauty.

Thank you everyone for your support! This is a wine that is close to our hearts…and lips! When our family is all together, we love to pick as much as we can from our garden, (ask Texacali Ali about our famous purple potatoes) turn on the grill, and grab a bottle of wine…Girasole is frequently the wine of choice for these occasions. I hope you enjoy!
Jason Enos

…and so he has