Seghesio Quartet

Seghesio Quartet (link to winery website)
$79.99 + $7.00 shipping
condition: Red & White
product(s):
1 Seghesio 2004 Old Vine Zinfandel CT Price: $29. CT Rating: 90 pts
1 Seghesio 2004 Rockpile Zinfandel 2005 CT Price: $32
2 Seghesio 2006 Pinot Grigio Winery Price: $19

Links above to CellarTracker. CT Price: about $98

In the types of grapes you are using in this batch what influenced the high % of alcohol content? Are you looking for it to be ready to drink as soon as possible? Does the high alcohol content also cause it to degrade quicker in the bottle?

i usually see them at lower %.

No, higher alcohol helps preserve things, all else being equal. That’s why hard alcohol lasts longer than wine, which lasts longer than beer.

A bit pricy for my blood - I’ll need to hear more about this to bite the bullet.

Damn - was going to be first sucker too!

So where’s mill? He’s usually bought by now. Someone should stop by his place and make sure he’s OK.

Edit: Congrats nallie!

Congrats nallie on being first sucker!!

Long may you reign!!!

NO WAY!!! I figured the reporting stats were off or something. Oh, my gosh. I have mixed feelings about my moment of infamy.

Way to go Nallie!! :slight_smile:

No. Not doing an $80-wine.woot. no.

Love the ZIN!! Thanks WOOT

Enjoy your 168 hours of fame!

It’s September how about dropping the extra $2 shipping. I have only ordered once since the shipping went up and that shipment took the longest out of 25 plus wine woots.

wow your are right. When did shipping go up??? Did I miss some
thing?

Evidently, yes.

Summer Shipping Program

I dunno. Temps for the next 10 days targeted to be high 80s/low 90s across the southern US. Even $7 shipping on the wine is rediculously cheap. $5 or $7 won’t affect whether I buy or not, but if you live east of the Mississippi, order TODAY if you want your wine to go out this week; ordering later in the week will likely get your wine on NEXT week’s truck.

Thanks ;-/

This doesn’t mean much but I found interesting - From the Ritz Carlton SF Dining Room Wine List

2005 Seghesio, Rockpile 76.00

Thanks, all. By the way, for the record and if anyone should ask, I’m totally buying these for my wootlegging friend Natalie… :wink: Actually, I can’t wait to try 'em. Higher end wines are when I most need a guiding hand. WineDavid has proved more reliable than many a pretentious wine store employee. While our tastes are not identical, I can definitely trust him to winnow out the chaff from the wheat. He’s excited about it; I need a few more quality bottles in my credenza. Yadda, yadda, yadda. It was a no brainer.

I’m still giggling over jpkrause’s post, though. I hope Mill is simply otherwise engaged and has not decided her cellar is full.

The Ritz and a restaurant they really jack the prices!

I am indeed. The Zin is world class (IMHO).