Sennheiser Dual Microphone Bluetooth Headset

I Wooted this last month, and I like it. The sound quality seems as good as the best sub $100 earpiece I’ve had. No complaints from the folks on the other end either.

Best of all, it is Comfortable and stays put.
I have very sensitive ear canals and can’t tolerate anything touching them. This one is ideal as it doesn’t go inside the outer ear at all.

I find it perfectly comfortable with sunglasses on.

The range is probably 25 feet as opposed to the 30’ from some others.

I’m tempted to pick up a spare today.

I got one of these in a previous wooting. The sound quality is excellent (as to be expected from a Sennheiser product). Even though the speaker isn’t in-ear, the call clarity is great. Range is iffy. When my phone is in my pocket it might get a little static-y, but other times it works fine. It’s also very comfortable.

Also, despite having a speaker on either side of the unit (to fit the right or left ear) you don’t need to worry about anyone hearing your call. I put some music on, turned the volume up, and once I removed the device from me ear, I couldn’t hear it.

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
muffins are for wooters.us

Sennheiser Dual Microphone Bluetooth Headset [New] - $24.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Sennheiser VMX100-T Bluetooth Headset

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

Texas allows local restrictions as well. As of Jan 1 Austin bans all handheld use, including texting or using apps.

This looks very sharp

Anyone know if this supports A2DP? I didn’t see anything in the manual, but then again, I barely know that I’m supposed to ask if it supports A2DP …

I’ve been buying Sennheiser headphones for years. The quality is absolutely incredible. Haven’t tried the Bluetooth Headset, yet… so in for one.

Careful while driving through AZ, we allow hands-full mobile phone use, texting, and even sexting while driving - keep your eyes peeled!..

A2DP is a big enough feature that it would be mentioned in the manual. Or in the specifications at the on-line retailers. Or in the product reviews. Which it’s not.

In this case, I would assume that the silence is meaningful.

If you want A2DP, the Jabra BT8040 could be had before Christmas for about $32, but it’s strictly in-ear. I’m generally happy with my Jabra, but it can get uncomfortable after a while, and sometimes falls out. It’s not at all good under hoods, for example. I’ve used it in a car without complaints about sound quality from the other side, but I don’t think the noise reduction is quite as good as the Plantronics.

Get one of these instead. It is a GREAT headset, goes very loud, is super easy to sync, and looks good too.

http://www.n1wireless.com/MOTOROLA-Motorola_H710_Universal_Bluetooth_Headset.html

Will this charge with the standard Motorola backwards-wired USB charger?

Have you tried having someone else do it for you?

Just kidding. Sennheiser admits that it won’t work and there’s no fix.

I know it’s just anecdotal and all, but from experience I would say that Sennheiser’s customer service quite nice.

I have had a couple of problems with their headphones and ordering from their store, and every email I’ve sent regarding those issues were answered promptly, politely, and the issues were resolved perfectly.

Granted their headphones cost 10x as much as this headset, so I’m not sure if there would be a difference in customer service should it break down and require warranty service.

Anyone have success pairing this with the Palm Pre?

Agreed. Motorola isn’t any help either. According to the newegg reviews, this thing doesn’t work very well with the iPhone either.

If you’re buying this so you can play XBox while your on the phone with you fiancee, use a corded controller. The button presses and stick clicks come through on the headset if you’re using a wireless controller:)

I bought one of these last time. It is definitely the best BT headset I’ve EVER owned. I would prefer an in-ear speaker, however. No problems, though.

I’d love to hear from someone else on this…

This is a really nice, comfortable headset, with excellent sound quality. Works well with several devices in my house, but NOT with my iPhone 3GS. Drops connection, voice activated dialing is spotty at best, sometimes will not make outgoing calls while paired, etc. Probably Apple’s fault, but worth knowing I hope.

I wish Woot would fix the description saying that it works with all Bluetooth phones if it don’t work with Droid.

I bought one of these a few weeks ago here and I like everything about it except…

Everyone I talk to says they hear their own voice echoing back to them. I contacted Sennheiser and their response was “turn down the volume and position the earpiece as close as possible to the ear canal.”

I am only able to eliminate the echoing by turning down the volume so low that I can’t hear who I’m trying to talk to.

Such a bummer! I’ve gone back to my cheapy Cardo I bought years ago. Doesn’t suppress background noise as well but it doesn’t echo.

I’ve walked away from my phone from about 3 or 4 rooms in my house and it still worked fine.