Sennheiser Noise Attenuation Earbuds

My brother has always raved about Senheiser’s quality. I hear nothing but praise about their sets, so I’m in for one after passing the last time Woot had these up.

If by behind the head you mean above and behind your ears, no they’re not. They naturally fall in front of your ears. Now if like me you decide that the wires should then go from there and behind your neck so your music player can stay in your back pocket, why go right ahead. They do that just fine, too. And if you’re not moving too much (the wires do transmit some noise), you can almost forget they’re in your ears.

As an aside, I have several earbud sets, from $100 and $200 pro Shures and Sony Fontopias to these Sennheisers. Dunno why, but the Sennies are more comfortable and fit my ears better than the others, and they’re much, much cheaper. The sound quality is, oh, 85% of a really-good over-the-ear pair of headphones…very clear and undistorted midrange and treble, with a drop-off in the bass. So these are very good for vocals and pop or jazz, not so good for hip-hop or drum-n-bass.

They’re not bad but not better than those razor earbuds woot sells on occasion. Sell moar Razor earbuds plz. kthxbai

I agree, we bought some other ones on woot that had the exact same problem. I think the problem is the tight seal that you get and is endemic to the disign.
Think of the sound as the feeling you get when you are wearing earplugs and you brush against them. It feels strange and is very anoying…

Exactly that. I bought the Koss ones that were two for $10 like a week after these were last here and they’re better. I can actually chew gum without annoying myself.

http://static.wooters.us/images/wooters-logo-tiny.png Woot Info Post
wooters.us is a bag of crap

Sennheiser Noise Attenuation Earbuds [New] - $12.99 + $5 shipping

1 * Sennheiser CX150 Noise Attenuation Earbuds

This post is brought to you by Wooters.us, to help make sure pricing information on the product is available in the future. We are not run by nor affiliated with Woot.

At least in my experience, all the things you said were so awful about these earbuds (other than the shocking problem) are normal for in-ear earbuds (or at least for cheap ones–I’ve never had nice ones so maybe they’re different). You get used to it after awhile. And if you need to hear what’s going on around you, use smaller tips or different earbuds.

here’s the product website

In for 2. Just like any headphone/earbuds you should burn them for at least 24 hours to get best sound quality.

Anything you are going to plug earphones into will not produce enough voltage or current to shock you, what are you doing? Plugging them into the wall?

Do you have these earbuds? The product description says they are sealed.

I’m not a fan of earbuds but I would like to be able to listen to music on the go and wear my winter hat. Also I love the headphones of theirs I own already, HD 280 pro and pmx60’s. Think I’ll try these out.

Nothing for my small ears beats the Sony active noise cancelling ear buds I Wooted way back in 2007 http://www.woot.com/Blog/ViewEntry.aspx?Id=2439 for comfort and amazing noise cancelling and great sound.

Too bad the active electronics are built into the walkman, not into the earbuds, preventing me from using them with all the Sansas I’ve gotten with a BOC.

Sony had incredible technology, but saw the writing on the wall and bowed out to Ipod. Too bad. Sort of like the beta vs. vhs war.

I agree, even with the more expensive Etymotics. The trick is to keep the wire from hitting anything by clipping it to your clothes.

Bought a pair a few weeks ago, liked them, good bass and also good low volume listening. Took them on a trip ( Greyhound ) to TX and thuroughly enjoyed them. Got to TX, friends cat chewed up the cords. I thought, sh*t, I liked them. In for another. Good review? Oh yeah, Ive been doing pro audio, recording and audiophile systems for decades now.

I have seen wiring that picked up sound so well you could have stuffed a roll of it in a piano as a microphone. High impedance loads suffer more from that. Yes wire can do that, especially when rubbing on a static generating surface, and make noise in wires.
Strange sh*t, that science.

Whoever asked about bleedthrough playing music, they aren’t bad on that, but nobody said anything about working for rap, since that ain’t music. Its rap. Its like using an Arbitrary Function Generator.

Buying this. Last thing I bought on here was a year and a half ago. The item? The iPod touch 8GB. Hand in hand, baby.

was considering these, since they seem better than the Jensen ones on www.woot today… and there’s a set for $16 on ebay as opposed to $18 here…

however, after hearing the mixed reviews I think my money is better spent on 2-for-Tuesday deals for a product with the same general specs…

but I’m holding out for better frequency response since I can go to Fry’s and get a pair with these same specs for under $5…

Do these fit in the iPhone 2G stereo socket? You know, the one that’s recessed so as to create a “special earphone stereo jack”-only market?

the ones i have (which are very close to these) stay in my ears while i pound out the elyptical… recommend highly.

Bought a pair 2 or 3 weeks ago.

I use them at the gym, they stay in when i lift and run.

Good for rap music, i like more than my skullcandy.

sometimes when i land hard when running ill get a shock in the ear, i learned to run lighter and it has gone away. Just a little shocking aside.