Sennheiser Noise Reduction Headphones

not qp or q-p, “This item is currently Out Of Stock”

probably woot buying all them up and marking them up $20 a set

I have a pair and they work well… Better than my noise reducing sony ear buds and better than my Philips noise reducing headphones… The only down side is the battery holder is kind of big and gets in the way… Also for the guy looking to buy some for his daughter, they are limited in how small they can be… child heads don’t work well with them.

I have a pair of these that I bought a few years ago…still use them. I paid about $110 for them at that time. Good deal on these.
I primarily use them when I travel and it does help cut down the airplane background noise, but it still allows you to hear some conversation (unless you’re blasting music). Battery life is good too. Uses 2 AA batteries.

Great earphones! I bought a pair because I lost the cover on the battery case, and I have been using tape to hold the batteries in (it works, just looks ugly). I’ve been using these headphones for years (on my second pair) because they fit well, the sound quality is good, and it keeps the background noise on my buses down…even screaming babies and rowdy teenagers are mostly cancelled out with these.

We have a set of these headphones. For a normal consumer, these are great.

I would have to agree with you on that. Active noise canceling will degrade the audio quality. There is a built-in mic that will capture the outside noise, reverse the phase and will be added to the audio that you are listening to. This eliminates the noise outside, but at the same time the audio quality will be lowered.

Mixed reviews mostly about poor design. However the sound is good.

Here’s the Amazon Review link, 4 out of 5 stars by 30 people.

http://www.amazon.com/Sennheiser-Active-Noise-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B00079PNTM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1269450794&sr=1-1

Are these the type of “noise reduction” headphones that just send in inverse sound waves into your ear to cancel the ambient noise (which studies have shown to be significantly damaging to the ear drum)?

Or do they in fact reduce the incoming ambient noise by cupping around the ear hole and not “reducing” noise entering the canal?

EDIT: Thank you adyb1975

the reverse sound type.

Does anyone know what the price of the Roomba was earlier this morning?
TIA

I’ve owned a pair for several years and they are great sounding headphones and this is a great price.

A couple relevant thoughts:

• The amount of noise reduction depends on your ear geometry. I must have big ears, because if I push the earpieces closer to my head the noise reduction improves.

• I get audible interference if I use them on my iPhone and simultaniously access the internet, either by browsing or using a web-based music service such as Pandora.

• I now use Sennheiser CX 150 earbuds on my iPhone that I got from Woot (and may show up again). They have a similar level of noise reduction (by blocking rather than active electronics) and have better bass (for my ear geometry).

Yes - it’s a tradeoff. If you’re on a plane, noise cancellation is probably worth the loss of quality.

I would hope so! That’s the best part

The manufacturer’s product sheet can be found here

Someone posted $170.

anneyork2003 thinks they’d be great to wear during any conversation involving the healthcare debate. “Not listening to you la la la la la la la…”

Airport style noise blockers could very well be the thing you need to send a message to the loud talker. Unfortunately, the message you might send to everyone else is that you are slightly deranged…

I could use a new pair of headphones but what I really need is a USB good quality headset.

You hear me woot gods?