Sennheiser On-Ear Headphones

This is my second pair of Sennheiser headphones of the HD line and I am pleased. My first pair is the HD 202 mkII Professional Headphones, which I love dearly. Now on with the review.

Build:
The HD 219’s are much more portable than my 202’s. I’ve always had trouble when travelling with those. The construction is a little on the light side, but so are upper end Bose and Klipsch models. I have no fear when storing them in my backpack or laptop case. The cord is a nice length for mobile devices, unlike my 202’s 10-foot cable with wind-up keeper (nice for quiet guitar practicing). Sennheiser quality, pleasantly consistent and reliable.
8/10

Comfort:
These are among the most comfortable headphones I have ever used. The most comfortable would definitely be Bose Quietcomfort series, but I frankly don’t have $300 to pony up. The ear padding is very nice and does not cause my ears to ache at all, unlike my 202’s which are unbearable after about 2 hours. The top padding is identical to the 202’s, simple and effective.
9/10

Performance:
The bass performance is overstated. They are decent in quality for < $50 headphones (a steal at $27 with shipping and taxes) but the bass response is not as high as I would like. I tested with 320kbps MP3 files of several genres ranging from Alt Rock to Choral. Some of the lower voices are not as pronounced as my 202’s. However, the mids and highs are much more crisp than my 202’s. With the 202’s, the bass is overwhelming and the mids are swallowed up. The highs of the 219 are pleasant and not overly bright like cheaper headphones. This makes up for the lack of depth in bass response in my opinion. True Audiophiles should stick to overpriced Bose, Monster and Klipsch because that’s who they trust. I am picky as a musician so I don’t settle for quality of headphones, and these are definitely worth purchasing. Perfect for the everyday listener or bargain hunter.
7/10

Overall: 8/10
These headphones are worth buying at Woot! prices. I’m not sure I would pony up $50 with the regular Amazon price. They’re not immaculate, but they’re well made and function well for under $30 (Woot! price 11/2013). Buy 'em while you can.

I still haven’t received these in the mail. Woot is not contacting me. HELP!

Sorry for the late reply and to hear that you haven’t heard back yet.

I’ve pinged CS and hopefully you have an email response shortly.

Thank you for your patience during this issue.