Sennheiser Over-Ear Stereo Headphones

I picked these up for the same price at a different site. Out of the box they sound decent but lack bass. I did the Bass mod which improved the bass by adding and tightening the bass substantially.

[youtube=oP0t6t6GrSY][/youtube]

This video shows how to do the mod on the hd428 which are similar to the hd439. The hd439 only have 2 holes so I took the tape off of just one hole (there was way too much bass when both holes were uncovered). I also put Dynamate on the inside of the cups as a dampener. I have read that others have used modeling clay to dampen.
My friend has these headphones as well (unmodified) so I did some A/B testing and as I stated before, this mod really brings out the bass (in a good way, not the beats way)

Didn’t Woot use to indicate shipping methods somewhere? I’d like to know whether it comes USPS or another carrier, as my house is inaccessible to non-4WD vehicles in the winter, so I would need to send it to a relative. No problem sending to my address via USPS, though, as they just put it inside the locking pedestals at the bottom of the hill.

We used to use FedEx Smartpost when we shipped out of own warehouse. Now we use Amazon’s warehouses (our own inventory) and they ship the most economical way based on your location to the closest warehouse with our inventory. It can go UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc. Things shipping out of Amazon warehouses will usually say “In Stock, ships in 1-2 business days” like this sale does on the detail page (below the price).

If it’s drop shipped directly from the vendor, they can use their own shipping method but most use FedEx. You can tell these sale by the “In Stock, ships in 3-5 business days” on the detail page.

TL;DR: Nah, I can’t tell you. Sorry.

No more bouncy eh? The glow says almost gone! I picked up one just to test them out. Fingers crossed.

I miss those days of Woot doing their own shipping. I can never track items anymore. i’ll get any email saying stuff has shipped go to the link and its says the shipping # is not valid or it will be one of those " shipper has been electronically notified" My order from 12/16 was one of these and it “left the facility” when I asked about it on the 27th. It has been MIA since. Amazon treats me better as a Amazon customer than a Woot customer. Im giving Woot one more chance before I leave with this order. I’ve been a good Woot customer and Im feeling it isn’t the same anymore.

That’s all nifty-spiffy, but while we’re doing the “A-thing”, how about extending 2-day ship to Prime members.

This was a great deal. I own the 439 but they are about 20 years old and needed new foam covers. The ones I have are 439 but look different than these. I went for one just so I can have both the old and new.

Whowhoo! I received mine today and they sound amazing!