Sennheiser Pro Studio Over-the-Ear Headphones

[Preview 1]
http://d3gqasl9vmjfd8.cloudfront.net/a355fc82-cd8d-4ecf-a430-b51b922ee370.jpg

Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Shipping Estimates: Ships in 1-2 business days (Friday, Jan 24 to Monday, Jan 27) + transit
Condition: New

[http://www.wootstalker.com/images/buy.png

Buy It](http://tech.woot.com/offers/sennheiser-pro-studio-over-the-ear-headphones) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/amazon.png

Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Sennheiser Pro Studio Over-the-Ear Headphones) [http://www.wootstalker.com/images/google.png

Search Google](Sennheiser - Google Shopping Pro Studio Over-the-Ear Headphones)

Price: $49.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard
Condition: New

Comparison Links:
[Google Products](https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=shop&q=Sennheiser Pro Studio Over-the-Ear Headphones) - [Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Sennheiser Pro Studio Over-the-Ear Headphones) - [Previous Woot Sales](Google Pro Studio Over-the-Ear Headphones)

Check out some reviews from BestBuy or head to the Product Page

Amazon reviews are a bit mixed (at a higher price point: $80), but seemed generally positive.

Worth considering for home listening, recording etc (although not flat response)

Some “perfect” reviews over at staples.com

Some reviews and info about the possible origin of this model at head-fi.org

They spec/sound the same to me. Office Max currently has the PX 360 for $49.00. If you can find a $10 off of 30 coupon on the internet, the Office Max purchase seems like a better buy.

Question : Will this, or for that matter any of the headphones on Plus.
Also there is a set on sellout
work on any device w/ headphone plug?
e.g. laptop, tv-- any kind ? , discman/walkman 8-o or any other ancient music system.

Thanks.

Note that the PX 360 is a different model than the HD 360! The PX folds up (easier to store) and the HD has larger earpieces (better sound, IMHO). I have no idea whether the electronics are different.

If you’re going to ask a question like this, you will have to suffer through my really boring reply to get the information you want.
You raise the specter of “ancient music systems”. Truly ancient music systems, and good quality modern music systems until a few years ago, used the one quarter inch phone plug, which was invented in 1878 for telephone switchboards. It was such a ingenious design that it was widely adopted throughout the world for virtually all kinds of analog audio signal connections, and it’s still used for musical instruments, recording equipment, professional microphones, sound studios, and numerous other applications. The original quarter inch plug had two connectors; to accommodate stereo it became a three connector plug, and to allow an additional signal like a microphone it becomes a four connector plug.
In the 1960’s little transistor radios and other small light audio devices were produced because of advances in electronics, primarily transistors and then integrated circuits. These little devices needed a smaller phone plug. So the one eighth inch plug/jack was developed, again at first a 2 connector plug for one audio signal, then a 3 connector plug for stereo. You only need one ground and two signals, that’s why you don’t need a four connector plug for stereo. This “mini” phone plug is now pretty much the standard for everything from phones, to cameras, to computers, to music players, to home audio equipment, etc. As with the quarter inch plug, you can have two, three, or four connectors. The four connector mini plug is usually for stereo earpieces and a microphone. But you can stick any of the mini plugs in any mini jack and it will work; the extra connectors are ignored if they aren’t needed. So a 2014 four connector eighth inch mini plug will work in a 1965 transistor radio.
Of course you can buy adapters to go from one quarter to one eighth and one eighth to one quarter. Good quality over the ear headphones come with both plugs.
So, it’s all good, right? Not necessarily. There remains the issue of device impedance. Impedance is sort of like resistance only not the same. Resistance applies to DC (direct current, invented by Thomas Edison), impedance applies to AC (alternating current). None are related to the band AC/DC, whose name was taken off the back of an amplifier they had, and has nothing to do with “goes both ways”.
Output signals to headphones are AC signals, therefore headphones are rated by impedance. Current day devices and headphones are usually designed to run at about 30 ohms impedance. These Sennheiser headphones have a 32 ohm impedance.
There is no problem plugging a 32 ohm headphone into any device designed to drive that load or any lower impedance load. So of course you can plug your headphones into your AV receiver, because it’s designed to drive 6 ohm impedance speakers. The same applies to any ancient audio player of any kind as long as the amplifier section inside the unit will drive that impedance.
What you cannot do is drive a set of headphones from a jack intended to be connected to a high impedance device. So, for example, your computer has a headphone jack on the front, designed for a 30 ohm load, and it works great. If it’s a desktop it probably has a preamp out or multiple preamp out jacks on the back, and none of those will drive a headphone. They are intended to be connected to high impedance devices, like amps or recorders. They can’t provide enough current into a 32 ohm device. Input impedance for audio amplifiers is usually measured in the thousands or tens of thousands.
These Sennheiser headphones are a very standard design; they have both one eighth and one quarter inch stereo phone plugs. They should play just fine in virtually anything originally intended to use a headphone, except possibly some very very old transistor or tube type audio device that required a higher impedance. I don’t think there are too many of those devices still out there.

THANK YOU ! what a wonder and thoughtful response .
Of course I have a follow up question !
Besides a device for myself and my varied devices. I am looking for a set for my 90yo mother who would be able to enjoy TV so much more w/ a head set.
We tried “TV Ears” I have some friends who actually say they work well. But I couldn’t get them to work w/ her TV ( It’s one of the first “flat screens” but isn’t HD and is still the basic squarish shape.
Looking for something wireless. Like the ones I linked above from the Sellout deal.
There is a phone jack. But the TV ears wanted a couple plug ins and they just weren’t there.
Thoughts on that one ?
I’m trying to take advantage of your expertise and kindness while you are here instead of going over to that product and posting. – It may be that something else would work better.
I thought about getting her a new TV, but it’s in an old large heavy wood TV/stero chunk of furniture that won’t fit the wider screens. She has some dementia and the TV is one thing, but changing the furniture is going to mess her up.
{been wondering if I can somehow take a saw and make some modifications on that… ok going off on too many subjects}

Thank you again for your help.

lorenzodemedici please respond to this. If not for ceagee, for your fans.

This is from the headphone discussion link mentioned elsewhere. I cannot vouch for its authenticity.

“Hello my name is adam i work at sennheiser and am one of the architect/engineers that built the origional PX 360 headphones. I can confirm that the HD 360 profesional headphones are different. In fact the only similarity between the two is the outer casing. The reason the case is the same is from an over stock. We had them sitting around so i started to tink with the headphones i was able to take the speakers from a pair of 380 pros and modify them to fit inside of a pair of px 360s because i like the mobility and coftortability of them. But at the same time i wanted to get more out of the px 360s so essentially the hd 360 pros are the casing of a px 360 but the sound of a 380 pro. You will not find these headphones on the sennheiser website as they were never meant to become largely produced. Whats really funny is when i see reviews online like on best buys website that say that these headphones are a far cry from the 380s. They are virtually the same product at a cheaper price. I will check back to this thread in a week and untill then i encourage you to post any questions you have. Todays date is 5/8/13. I also encourage you to purchase a pair of these while they’re still in stock”

I read all of that too. Later on in the thread BS was called on him as the size of the drivers is different. He never responded. I’m pretty confident that was not a response from anyone at Senn.

Thanks for the in depth analyses, does this company make something similar with a microphone.

Gtbrownn

Didn’t he say that the audio parts were modified to fit inside the other earphones case? maybe the drivers were reduced.

Well played, sir.

http://www.letsbefriendsagain.com/images/OrsonWellesClap.gif

FYI, we asked the vendor for the difference between the HD360Pro that we’re selling and the PX360 that sells elsewhere.

We asked the vendor so here’s the official word.

//drumroll

HD360Pro (WOOT) does NOT fold 90 degrees; it does fold up and comes with pouch instead of a case. Has a 9.8’ cord.

PX360 comes with a carrying case and ability to twist headpieces 90 degrees and fold up. Comes with a 4.6’ cord.

Hope that helps.

Now, go buy three. :happy:

I LOVE my Sennheisers. The bass is nice and deep. My only gripe is that the wire insulation has cracked near the jack. They’re still working wonderfully. When & if these die, I will certainly consider Sennheiser again. Great. For. Bass.