Sennheiser Wireless Listening System

Thanks. I suspected they wouldn’t be compatible.

IR phones may be better because most other phones use radio frequency. Many of the radio frequency phones interfere with home WiFi and other wireless devices.

Ergonomically speaking, the point of these hanging down instead of being over your head is that they’re intended to be used while propped up in bed. Conventional headphones interfere with your head resting on a soft surface.

Yes, these work independently of the TV volume. At least the T.V. Ears that I just bought my parents do. You can mute the TV or keep the volume low while listening through the head set. It’s great!

We purchased two at full price. Great until you try to use on HD. Will. Not work on HD but other wise great. I will purchase another for 96 year old father in law

These sure aren’t very purdy.

I use this type when I go to the theater. Yes, after a short time the weight of receiver pulls on the ear buds and it can become uncomfortable. If you will be using them in bed, not so much because they won’t be hanging freely from your ears.

We have some answers to your questions directly from Sennheiser:

**Plasma TV: ** Some Plasma TV Sets can interfere with infrared transmission signal. This will vary between different TV sets. Best solution would be to locate the transmitter unit far away from screen and above for best result. Otherwise it would be best to use a different system which uses radio frequency.

TV Speakers: In most cases the TV sound and sound through headphones will be independent. However, if the TV out put signal level, volume, is controlled by the TV volume, ( Variable output) the TV will need to be turned up in volume to send a good signal to headphones. It is important to know this is not a function of the headphones but of the TV and will vary from model to model.

VS other headphones: The SET100-J is designed for those with moderate hearing loss and greatly enhances not only volume but also dialog of a program making it easier for the user to understand what is being said, on top of providing improved audio. Where as the typical wireless headphone will only amplify volume with no separation.

Hope that helps.

Wow. Were these made in the mid 90’s, or what?

Now, now, the polite term is “retro”.

I might have missed it, but how do these charge? The TV Ears headphones sit right in the transmitter and get charged that way. Do these do the same?
Thanks.

Say away from this one. Like the similar TV Ears, this is very uncomfortable for men. The lower electronics module hangs against the adams apple and is very annoying. In addition it uses IR technology which depends on line of sight and subject to more interference and movement issues. Get a Bluetooth or RF version, much better.

The worst thing about these earphones is that they use a non standard battery and the charger is on the transmitter.
You have to get out of bed and put the phones in the charger when done as opposed to using rechargeable AA or AAA cells that you can swap when needed.

This really defeats the purpose of using them in bed.

But why are they so ugly?
(Are they being ironic?)

We have these where I work. They sound awful, they are typically sold as a Hearing Assisted device. When we contacted Sennheiser to ask about the sound quality issues, they told us it didn’t matter because Hearing Impaired people can’t hear very well anyway. Ouch!

Ty for this info I almost ordered 3 pair so I’d have for each room. But all my TVs are LCD n these wouldn’t have worked. Ty very much.

I use the Astro Gaming Wireless Mixamp 5.8. The transmitter plugs into the optical out on my TV, so it receives sound from any source going into the TV, even non-digital RCA connections. The receiver can use any pair of headphones, and does decent simulated surround out of 2 channels. The transmitter can connect to several receivers (we use 2).

The Astro solution is transmits RF I believe - I’ve never had any interference problems with it. No issue with my 60’’ LCD LED TV. Also, it has plenty of space to hook up accessories to allow Xbox 360 and PS3 chat headsets. I don’t use it for that, though - just watching TV, movies, or playing single player games from any of my game systems.

It is difficult to find, though. I got it from www.astrogaming.com last year, the transmitter and receiver only (it works with any headphones you have lying around)- now I think they only bundle it with high-end headsets, but I may be wrong.

I can’t comment on this product. But, I’ve been using TV Ears for over three years now and love it. I worked in construction for 40 years and as a result my hearing is not great. On TV ears, you connect it directly to the back of the television, not the cable box. There is more than one model of TV ears so if you decide on that product be sure you buy by the right one.

So…which one is the right one dad? Thanks for the advice but we seem to be missing a key piece of information here.

Don’t call me dad, call me Gramps. If you are talking about TV ears, you go to their website and read. There are three models of TV ears. Go to their website and read sonny boy.