Um…Woot? We call that fire challenged now.
NVM. Lowes has for $19.98, no shipping, free in-store pickup. Full details definitely help sell.
The Sentry®Safe privacy lock fire chest 1200 is designed with you in mind. Find peace-of-mind with fire protection for your most important belongings, privacy lock key for added security, and a carrying handle to safeguard your valuables on the go.
- Fireproof safe is UL Classified to endure 1/2 hour at 1550°F to protect irreplaceable documents and valuables from fire
- Fire safe box is ETL Verified to protect CDs, DVDs, and USBs from fire damage
- Fireproof lock box features a flat key lock to prevent the lid from opening in the event of a fire; includes two keys
- Document safe features convenient built-in carrying handle for easy transportation
- Exterior: 14.3 in. W x 11.2 in. D x 6.1 in. H; interior: 12 in. W x 7.5 in. D x 3.5 in. H; small capacity 0.18 cubic feet; weighs 13 pounds
Hey guys! Look at all this neat stuff I found!
So not large enough for standard size sheets of paper without folding? I guess the birth certificates, titles, and such we have are already folded… I don’t really have a lot of digital files stored on removable media… Maybe I should get one of these and transfer the backups from the external hard drive to a few big USB drives… I do have a 1TB portable external drive (not being used) that is really small, but this isn’t rated to protect that.
Unfortunately it seems this is only fireproof and doesn’t have water protection which is pretty equally necessary (especially if storing electronics)
If your house is on fire firemen are likely going to arrive and douse the fire with hundreds of gallons of water. So it may protect your stuff from the fire, it may not protect yourself from the waterfall from the fire hoses.
Put your items inside a ziplock bag inside the safe. Boom. Waterproof.