Sequana Russian River Pinot Noir (3)

Sequana Russian River Pinot Noir 3-Pack
$79.99 $127.00 37% off List Price
2010 Sequana Pinot Noir, Russian River Valley
CT link above

Winery website

This was my favorite wine at the wootception on Sunday. Classic delicate Pinot.

We bought the half bottles of this wine when it was offered on woot in January. It has been one of our favorites. James MacPhail makes
beautifully crafted single vineyard wines, specializing in Pinot Noir. In fact, we’re looking forward to visiting his brand new tasting room later this week. Take it from one who does not generally prefer Pinot Noir, this is a great deal on an excellent wine. You won’t be disappointed.

Thank you aces219 and ddeuddeg for taking time to post while on the RPM tour!

I think the 375’s were a different ava.

Santa Lucia Highlands. Sorry I missed that. Must have been drinking. This one is from the Russian River Valley, arguably an even better AVA for Pinot Noir.

Good stuff, and cheaper than wholesale in this state.

Great to hear you’re coming by the just opened MacPhail Tasting Lounge @ The Barlow, you won’t be disappointed!

Indeed, the 375s were the Sequana Santa Lucia Highlands, an equally wonderful wine.

Welcome and thank you for joining the thread! It might be kinda quiet today as many of our regulars are deep in the vineyards of Sonoma on the RPM tour.

And the rest of us are just stuck at work…

And actually heard that 30 or so wooters might be in the neighborhood and stop by the MacPhail Tasting Lounge, now that will be a woot, er hoot!

Hi Wooters! It has been a while since I have been in the halls of Woot World, but I know a bit about the wine today and thought I would chime in here.

The 2010 Sequana is one of my favorite Pinots of all. Yes, I am biased as I do work with and know James MacPhail well but I know a great Pinot when I drink it.

It is a rich, luxurious wine that lingers on the palate. The extra time in bottle has helped this wine become fuller and richer. James has a great talent in finding vineyards that perform well in the bottle and his style of winemaking really comes through here.

This is a wine I would not hesitate in buying at least 6 bottles of as it will continue to age beautifully.

Don and Bonnie and hopefully a few others are headed to the MacPhail Tasting Lounge in Sebastopol later today. Always love to see some fun Wooters.

Info on CT is saying to drink by 2016, would you say this is accurate or is the drinking window a bit longer?

Most drinking windows on CT are not accurate.

James style of winemaking is a style that allows for longer aging of Pinots. We have tasted some of his 2004-6s recently and we were really impressed as to how they held up. Bright fruit, nice balance. CT is making general recommendations only. But I would be surprised if anyone had a bottle of this left by 2016.

I completely agree.