Seraphim

Wow thats beautiful and haunting, I think I need it. I think I just ordered it. I think this is my fourth grey woot shirt, haha.

I don’t find this aesthetically pleasing.

Gah that is a awesome shirt! I have 3 shirts this color already! what to do?!

… I’m gonna buy it. Love the detail. <3

I don’t get it. Isn’t a seraphim the things that hovered over the ark of the convenent in the Old Testament? I am pretty sure they were. They are a type of angelic being, of protection or guardianship, right?

I am pretty sure there were no tires around the Ark of the covenant though. I don’t get it. It looks like it tries to be mystic and misses. ** but if anyone knows what the signifigance should be, I would be interested

Looking at his other work I say wow, I really like some of the stuff he’s done, but this one… I think he could’ve put a different one up here.

i dont understand the wheels

lol at michelin

The tires are, of course, a Biblical reference. They are a contraction of the common phrase “hellfire and brimstone” which scholars call “Firestone.”

I love, love, love this shirt- intricate textures and fun color choices. I’d love to see more by this artist here, he’s one of my favorites!

awesome!

well Ezekial the prophet saw a vision of a “wheel inside of a wheel”. i dont envision that this is what it was referring to however

according to wiki, “the cherubim are second highest rank in the angelic hierarchy, below the Seraphim”

What I found odd was that the description says dont call it a cherub, yet the picture looks more like the wiki cherub than a seraph O.o

Keep in mind I dont actually know any of this, but it’s a very convincing website, that wikipedia is.

You’ll notice the tires are detached from the seraph in question, because the seraphim never tire of praising God

I was right! (happy dance) When they fashioned the Ark of the convenant they were instructed to put two Seraphims over the “mercy seat” which sat directly on top. The angels faced each other, with their wings reaching out and touching at the points.

We made a copy of it in Sunday school when I was 9 :slight_smile: I still remember . . .and I’m um, not 9 anymore

this is the random weird stuff that gets me buyin’!!! Great shirt!!

There were Seraphim on the ark and it may have something to do with the fact that the ark was supposed to be carried on two poles. They used a cart - with wheels- and the ark slipped. Some dude tried to catch the ark and was killed instantly. So something about society going against the way you’re supposed to do something? Or maybe just a reference to the fact that you do what an omnipotent being says?

wow that is just strange

“She has man hands”

Oooooh! I thought it was the Goodrich who will inherit the Earth. Again.

Can we get this without the tires plz? :{

my sentiments exactly? what purpose do they have?