Set of Four Energetic 3' LED Shop Lights

Hello Everyone!
My name is Rob and I represent the manufacturer of these lights. If you have any questions, please ask. Have a great night and if I don’t answer right away, check back around 8am Central

Energetic Rob in da house! How many tubes do these have? Looks like one. What is the lumen rating compared to these in my garage right now? https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00FY2QD2S/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

These fixtures have built in lighting, and don’t require tubes. These would be fairly comparable to a 1 lamp fixture with a fluorescent bulb. The spread is very even, and the color temp is 4000k.

How are these wired? There’s no photo of the other end but these don’t look like the ones that can be daisy chained in one long stretch.

Standard grounded plug and 5-ft cord included
Hanging chains included
Lights plug in (cord included) to any regular AC outlet
Pull chain for easy on/off operation

I’m very happy (so is she) with my previous purchase of four Energetic shop lights… of course they were 4’ (no actual tubes, LED and equivalent to double tube fixture)

…my previous purchase:
Energetic Lighting ELYSL-5001C 4’ LED Shop Light Fixture
Watts: 48W
Input Voltage: 120V
Initial Lumens: 3600Lm

Are these linkable?

These fixtures are not linkable. These are stand alone Shop Lights

if the bulb goes out can it be replaced?

Pulled the trigger on this one. Shame they aren’t linkable but with some imaginative use of dual plug extension cords…

There are no bulbs required for these fixtures. They have built in lighting. Typical life of these fixtures will be over 10 years.

I don’t understand why LED “fluorescent replacements” like these are still so much more expensive than LED bulbs.

These lights are 1650 lumens and cost $20 apiece, which is a pretty good price compared to what you pay for this style of fixture at retail. But I can buy two 800-lumen LED bulbs for less than two bucks. Does the rest of the fixture really cost nine times more to produce than the lighting elements it contains?

This is on my mind because I just finished a lighting project in my basement, replacing seven 4’ fluorescent shoplights with LEDs. I considered using LED shoplights, but the cost was prohibitive. It was far cheaper to replace each shoplight with six LED bulbs, using cheap three-bulb vanity lights and dual-bulb adapters. Eight bucks for each fixture, a buck apiece for the adapters, four bucks for six bulbs.
Total fifteen bucks for each 54 watt, 4800-lumen assembly, outperforming the retired fluorescents (68 watts, 3850 lumens).

Granted they look a little odd. :slight_smile: But if I can assemble this much light for this little money from commonly available parts, why does a relatively puny 1650-lumen fixture cost $20 on sale at Woot and more at retail?

I’m not a lighting expert and can’t speak to the cost of manufacturing but for everyone it’s different. The way you did it makes a lot of sense, especially to keep within a budget. Using a shop light over the regular LED light bulbs like you did probably gives you more even lighting but it’s really what works best for you and how you are going to actually use it or as you say how it looks. I think you did a great job in your design to keep within your budget.

The same can be said for getting a cheeseburger at a restaurant. $8+ when you could easily cook one yourself for half of that, or even more. You’re forgetting to factor in the labor, production, time it took you to source and build everything, along with overhead. Yes, you can build some yourself using adapters, but most people aren’t going to be bothered and the price isn’t bad for what you get to just slap it in.

It didn’t take any time at all to build them. All I did was screw the bulbs into the adapters and the adapters into the fixtures, no different than putting a bulb in any lamp. What took the time was hanging them and hooking them up, but of course you’d have to do that with any fixture.

Thanks. The light is more even than I expected, but that’s probably because I have multiple units.

It’s about 1400 square feet of basement, with seven of these fixtures, so I have almost 34,000 lumens of illumination in the space now. So yeah, everything’s pretty well lit up. You don’t want to look directly at them though.

I really hate a dim basement. :slight_smile:

The thing that makes this possible is that most of the technology - the fixtures, the switches, the wiring and sockets - was all designed for incandescent bulbs. So I can deploy this stupidly insane amount of light using less energy than it would take to run four 100-watt incandescents, which doesn’t tax the circuit at all.

The main difference in price is the amount of material it takes to use, the type of drivers used in these fixtures, and the cost of shipping this vs an A19 bulb. All of those factors play in to the cost of goods.

Yeah, I think the way you do it is brilliant and I’m generally function over form so it’s something I would consider. I have one of Energetic’s Shop Light and three of their strip lights on my garage that I absolutely love. In this case I didn’t really have the option to do it the way you did, partially because I have a wife who is more into form over function :wink:

Not seeing the value here at all.

https://www.costco.com/Feit-4-FT-LED-Replacement-Tubes%2C-4-pack.product.100235288.html

https://www.costco.com/Feit-Electric-LED-4FT-Replacement-Tubes-12-pack.product.100405766.html

Costco has just the bulbs for much cheaper if you already have fixtures.

They also have the dual tube fixtures as well for $19 each… I’d say a pretty light deal, pun intended. Ill stay away from these. Good luck Energetic!