Setton Farms Cashews or Pistachios

Setton Farms Cashews or Pistachios

Pistachios shelled or unshelled?

I had the same question. In looking at the images, it says serving size “1/2 cup with shells”, so I will assume ‘with’.

What country are the cashews imported from?

According to the bulk page on their website, either Brazil, India, or Vietnam. They didn’t show cashews on their consumer page.

That’s hilarious considering they call themselves “Setton Farms” instead of “Setton Imports”. Also their website is littered with references to “California nuts”. I guess there’s a town called California in India.

3 Likes

$15 for less than a pound of cashews or pistachios? Who’s fooling who here. They are not any specific source & I doubt they are any more “jumbo sized” than any of the “jumbo nuts” @ the grocers. If I want premium nuts there are still sources that have more than 1 size viewable for comparison. and as I learned long ago, as long as they are at least “normal” size the freshness of the nuts (and where they were grown) will affect the taste far more than size. And, frequently the largest nuts have the least flavor… As almost any coffee gourmet can tell you, the tiny “peaberry” coffee beans almost always are the strongest…

2 Likes

24 oz. GreatValue pistachios at wally world. $9.98.

2 Likes

Safeway had Wonderful brand at 5/lb a couple weeks ago, they are back to 10. Trader Joe’s is around the same. Woot rarely has any good deals anymore.