Sextant 2009 Chardonnay - 6 Pack

I wanted to order but no shipping to NC?

Clinton Kelly says one should never expect that the wine you bring to a dinner party will be served at that dinner party. :slight_smile:

I apologize- we have applied for a license for a direct-to-consumer shipping permit and are just waiting to hear back from them on our pending request. Please check back on our next wine.woot offer or visit our website for updates.

[labrat]

Fulfilling my lab rat obligation even if only for posterity, so I’m trying to keep it short. Warning - we’re not a white wine household.
Finally received the bottle this morning. Cooled it all day long to go with dinner tonight.

I don’t have the best nose but I am picking up tropical fruit. If I had to pin it down I would lean toward pineapple. My wife and our 6 year old (whose sense of smell I trust a lot more than my own) between them picked up hints of honey as well as apple and citrus.

First taste. From now on it’s me. Wife still has to work tonight and we don’t give the 6 year old alcohol just yet. Definitely a hint of oak but not in a bad way. It doesn’t linger too much so I can deal with it. Gives way to citrus and possibly green apple. Very smooth right away.

About an hour in - it’s getting buttery but again not in a bad way. Overall a lot better balanced than I would expect at this price. This chardonnay doesn’t offend in any way and I might have gone for it at the beginning of summer but would pass at this point.

Sorry for the late post. All blame goes to FedEx.

Anyone feeling like their order is lost? I got a FedEx tracking email from Woot last week, and FedEx indicated initially that it would be delivered by Friday (2 days ago), but looking at the FedEx tracking, it indicates that Sextant still hasn’t provided the shipment to FedEx? I guess I’m not too pleased…

I’m having the same issue - thought my order would be delivered today (it was the estimated day) but FedEx is showing that it hasn’t even been shipped yet and is only “initiated”. :confused:

Is anyone else still waiting on their delivery for this, or am I the only one?

I also received the FedEx tracking number for this with a delivery to be last week but they (Fed Ex) still haven’t received the package to deliver. This is so disappointing…was to be my brother’s birthday present…ordered 2 weeks ahead & still nothing! Starting to question my wisdom of ordering through here. Ordered on the 3rd of October.

Mine came yesterday, and we will be sampling this evening with dinner.

My brother finally got his wine today! Yeah! Just in time for the weekend. Thanks!