Shadow Canyon Late Harvest Pinot Blanc - Two Pack

Wrong… the Esoterica was also made from botrytis grapes.

My GF LOVED the '04. It’s sweet but the Pinot Blanc grape lends it a nice acidity to balance that. I’m in.

It’s rare for a pinot blanc to be made into a dessert wine, so this is quite interesting.

It’s more rare that you can buy it cheaper from the winery. I would have been in for six, but the winery price is significantly less expensive.

+1

I stand corrected. It certainly doesn’t have a botrytis nose, and late harvest and botrytis aren’t synonyms. Never had this, so I have no idea on similarity to Esoterica.

I recall the Esoterica being much thicker and sweeter, but it’s been a while since I opened the 04 Shadow Canyon. There was a nice balance between sweetness and acidity for this one… I’d be buying more, but the fact that its cheaper from the winery means I probably won’t.

If I remember correctly, wine.woot had a book that was more expensive than Amazon. Later, the price was reduced. I wonder if that will happen with this offer??

Shadow Canyon Late Harvest Pinot Blanc - Two Pack
$49.99 + $5 shipping
condition: Dessert, 375ml
product: 22005 375ml Shadow Canyon Late Harvest Pinot Blanc NOTE - Enter as 375ml

Link above to CT.

I am with you on that one…Why are they selling it for more on woot then at the winery…It is not hard to get a hold of.

oh me of little control. bought way too much here this week, even aside from the woot-off. i spose it’s cheaper than taking a wine course. still, traditionally, i don’t much like whites or sweet (though i love liqueurs, esp herbal or bitter) yet i’m just so damned curious to try everything. each new thing/genre/type of stuff to explore is a danger to those of us with clinical ocd. oh, them one-clicks and yellow buttons. sigh…

Good question.

This one is a woot-off killer.

Usually I get roped in by an item or two on the woot-off, but nothing has caught my attention this time.

“… leave one’s mouth coated in a thick layer of ecstasy.”

That’s what I call a dessert wine!

Holy hell… I just tried to get the bag of crap from woot.com for the first time. Does that sell out fast or what! Anyone successfully get one?

Yes, it does. My Wootalyzer never even got me to the order page to enter in my cc code until it was already sold out.

Not this time! :frowning:

I got one (again)… thanks to wooters.us (again, heh).

If you hook up a paypal account to it, all you have to do is enter your woot password in and you’re done. I got that far, but it was sold it by the time I tried to buy.

They were just selling a refur**bished netbook for a whopping $15 less than the better model sold new for on Amazon… Then that horrible jerky was the exact same price as the product website but without the option of selecting flavors you wanted…

It’s getting to be more of a pattern and just reinforces caveat emptor- you can’t assume it’s a good price just because it’s a Woot anymore.

Do you just keep the webpage open and have auto-buy turned on?

Yup… and made sure I’m logged in and have my CCV memorized. It almost always happens around the same time so it’s pretty easy to tell when to pay attention. @wootlive on twitter even hinted right before it came up.