Shadow Canyon Paeonia Late Harvest Pinot Blanc Dessert Wine - 3 Pack

How long do you suppose these will last? I can’t see me going through three bottles of dessert wine all that quickly.

Similarly, what kind of life would I expect once I open a bottle, recork it without displacing the air, and store it upright in a refrigerator?

The heavy sugar content in dessert wines make them last considerably longer than a typical bottle of wine after being opened. Refrigerated I would say several weeks to months.

Pinot Blanc Dessert wine is yumminess. In for probably 3.

I LITERALLY have dessert wine coming out my ears. Yes. Literally. My refrigerator is filled with them (because I’m obsessed and since they went in the fridge, they stay in the fridge…I’m a little nervous about taking them out then putting them back in when I decide I’ll drink them).

That said, Pinot Blanc dessert wine does not come around every day.

Hmmmm.

Well, the term “dessert wine” has no universally accepted definition, and there’s quite a bit of variation. With an RS of 18%, you’re probably right about this one.

I’m a fan of tawny port, and some of the younger ones will barely last a week in the fridge after opening.

In for one. I’m a sucker for dessert wines and though my boyfriend prefers something with TWICE the residual sugar than what’s listed here, I’m sure he still wouldn’t pass this up. :slight_smile:

Also, does this botrytised Pinot Blanc grape variety have that wonderful acid-mineral finish to it that a great late harvest Riesling has, to counterblance the honeyed sweetness? Can someone who’s tasted this varietal of dessert tell us how it compares?

Incidentally, these being well-made sweet late harvests, should last for aeons in cellar, though I like to drink them up. No need to store them in the fridge: indeed the humidity in the fridge may be too much.

wonder how well these would hold up with my previous purchase from wine.woot…

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/hs127.snc3/17439_100896153275845_100000663825308_21918_7699561_n.jpg

There will be no more of this. the winemaker has closed up shop for now, for family reasons. The last wootoff of this wine, back in March, was undercut by the winery website, but it’s now all sold out there, and this is an even better deal, in woot style.

And he has a girlfriend named Viscosity - hmmm…

Seriously, this will be pretty sweet at 18% RS - your boyfriend probably doesn’t mind drinking pure honey (or brefnish). If you take more than a small sip, it should coat your mouth and the honey/fruit essence will remain long after you swallow.

now THIS info here really makes me wanna pull the trigger…hmmmmmm…

or you can bastardize this with 7up or ice if the coating/thickness and flavor are too overwhelming for some pallets

So, what if they’re already in the refrigerator and have been for months? Would disturbing the temperature have a negative impact, do you think?

For those too lazy (me, me!) to look back at the previous offers and how to remove the protection over the cork, can you remind us the safest way to open these bottles?

No, not really. Just don’t do wild temperature swings a lot! A few times, carefully, is fine, and thse are hardy. Read the DEc 08 woot about this wine, and shadowcanyon’s comments. Also, for cellar conditions and looking after winein general, Do a search on woot (see right) for temperature, storage etc. rpm and others have given some good advice in the last few months on this topic.

For the wine.woot usuals:

I’m moving cross country in 2.5 weeks, how long do orders usually take to arrive?

derp, if you already have a new address…

seeeeend the order to your new hoooome…??? :slight_smile:

Why would anyone use the word “unctuous” to describe a wine they were trying to sell? I’m not sure I want my wine to leave a “oily coating” in my mouth!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

http://bestsmileys.com/thanksgiving/1.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/thanksgiving/3.gif

http://bestsmileys.com/thanksgiving/4.gif

Does anyone know what the consistency of this dessert wine is? Is it pretty thick and viscous or is it along the lines of regular wine? I do like dessert wines, but I tried one in the past where the consistency was pretty thick and I did not like it too much.