Shark Cordless Floor & Carpet Cleaner

I bought one of these (from Woot) for my boyfriend’s house. We pretty much only use it to sweep the kitchen floor, and for that it works great! Have not had any problems with the battery yet, but we just got it in May. If it lasts an entire year, I’ll say it was worth it.

These things are great sweepers for tile and hardwood…when they work. However earlier models had little intelligence in their charging circuitry and the VX3 has virtually none. If you leave it plugged in for any extended period of time it will slowly cook the battery to death. The manual actually recommends replacing the NiCd battery every six months ! This is both totally unnecessary and ecologically wasteful. NiCd batteries last for years when charged properly and fully drained before recharging. If you buy one of these, be sure to plug it into a timer to prevent overcharging. Comments about the handles being weak are also accurate, but aren’t a problem if you avoid using the bending feature. These are good as long as you know and manage their limitations.

Bought this the last time it was offered on Woot.

When mine arrived, it was missing half the handle. (This problem affected many other orders as well.)

Took many weeks before Shark sent a new one.

But now that I have it, I do like it.

But it was a pain at first, because I couldn’t use it.

had the same issue, so did many others. I will look up the contact info for you to call, because you dont call the # in the book

If you are having trouble with your Shark, give Trademark Global call at 1-888-298-5358. If you still need assistance, send us an email at service@woot.com.