Shark Navigator Vacuum

Just in time for Father’s Day, a violet colored vacuum!

Ack! I bought this for $200 a year ago and it’s fantastic. Woot, whyyyy?

Got one. Now, who can I bribe to get the violet one? I might cry if I don’t get a purple vacuum. Just sayin’.

I got one of these in Green at Ollies Bargain Outlet.

It works very well. It never loses suction and picks up a lot more dirt than seems really possible considering how clean it looks. If there is a downside to this it is that it doesn’t fit very well under low furniture after the first 4 or five inches because the body of the vacuum is kinda thick.

The hose is great for picking up hard to reach dirt.

Mine came with a set of attachments, One is a rotating brush for the extension. The other is a really long crevice tool for couches and the like. Both are nice additions.

This vac is easy to empty and easy to clean and so far has been a good investment.

Mine was a refurbished model and I paid $89

It has one issue, and that is that the button you push to remove the dust cup is very VERY stiff. I’m a pretty strong guy but I have to push it down with an undue amount of strength to make it pop off. I tried one at the store and it was super smooth and easy, so I think it might just be my particular one.

Overall, I would recommend this.

HEY WOOT! I had a valid question and you deleted it! I have a family member who recently purchased this shark off of some infomercial and I want to know if this is the same model since that one cost $200 and this one is way cheaper. So now I am looking for an informed consumer to let me know since I have never seen the infomercial.

This is not spam or some lame attempt to be funny. Please do not delete my post.

Be nice.

[MOD: When you give more information, the question makes sense. Your previous question did not. And I am nice.]

Well it does s u c k… in a good way.

I’ve had one for about 4 months (paid $179 @ Target). It cleans very well, especially with pet hair, it’s amazing how much it picks up.

A couple of observations though. Overall it feels a little cheap as compared to the old Hoover. It’s pretty light, but the plastic just feels like it could been been a better grade. One of the plastic rings on mine that hold the hose cracked after about the third use, but it’s not that important of a piece. The attachments for the hose piece are a bigger diameter than a standard vac too, so don’t expect to use an attachment from say a shop vac or Hoover. The vacuum part is also only about 12" wide. This is good and bad; less area per pass, but you can get into tighter spaces.

For the sucking ability I’d give it an A, for the feel I’d give it a B-.

How does the Shark compare to the Dyson on performance?

My wife bought one in January and it is an incredible machine. Her best friend has a Dyson. The Shark clean easily as well as the Dyson but saved me a lot of $$$. Our carpet is 8 years old, big dog and 2 cats. The carpet looks great for its age. If we’d only known, we would have bought sooner!

What’s the difference between this model (NV22T) and the NV22L? All of the reviews linked are to the NV22L model. Does this come with the pet attachment? It doesn’t mention that it does.

How does this work on hard wood floors? Does it scratch and scar hard woods?? I need a light weight vac to suppliment my Roombas…
I have all hard wood with a few tile floored rooms.
Thanks! :smiley:

Picked one of these up at Costco for $160. It’s very impressive with how much dirt and pet hair it picks up. The unit is easy to empty. It’s very powerful, even to the point it’s pulled the loops out of some throw rugs. A price I’m willing to pay for superior vacuuming power. The noise level isn’t too bad either. Whatever you do, don’t let the hose get too close to small animals while vacuuming. I was a bit careless with my cat, and it picked the cat up off the floor. Thankfully, the cat lived, but it may have cashed in on another cat-live. :slight_smile:

Oh, this is so tempting. I recently got the Shark multi-vac and love it to pieces (not literally; I taped that piece that falls off).

Here’s my question: since this doesn’t seem to come with attachments, does anyone know if the turbo brush from the multi-vac will fit on it? I was looking at the accessories on the Shark site, and the hose ends and suchlike look similar…

This doesn’t come with any attachments? I need to get into tricky spots like the darn radiator behind the couch. I use my upholstery brush a lot, too. Should I pass?

Any really positive reviews regarding pet hair besides the comment above?

i have actually been goin back and forth about this vacuum the past few weeks.
The price is pretty swell, i’ll have to read the woot comments to see if it swings me one way or another.

Just a caveat: I’ve had awful customer service from Shark, some of the worst I’ve experienced anywhere short of banks and cell phone providers. I was disgusted enough with them that I vowed never to buy another Shark product. Don’t plan on having a long and fruitful relationship with the company, is all I’m sayin’.

I bought one because it is a good price, has decent enough reviews and I’m moving out away from mom and need to be able to take care of myself.

I’ve never been more amused by a quality post!

T va L?
From what I read about T vs L is the model number for the blue one is NV22T, while the lavendar one is NV22L. Since the numbers are the same model number,except for the last letter, that is probably a color designation.
and the FS of course is factory serviced…

ATTACHMENTS?
This needs to be cleared up from customer service - woot staff. Because it does not state if it does come with them? IN THE BOX

But from another site selling same FS model it does say it comes with: Long Crevice Tool, Short Crevice Tool & Upholstery Brush
There ad below.

Shark Navigator is a compact, lightweight vacuum cleaner designed for ease of use. It has all the features of a full-sized upright vacuum in a package that is about half the size. The Shark utilizes twin motors, one for suction, one for the brush bar, both of which are operated from one conveniently located power switch.

• Lightweight and easy to maneuver for faster effortless cleaning

• Deep carpet and superior bare floor cleaning

• Infinity Technology with 21 cyclones that trap dust and dirt

• Easy to carry - under 15 lbs

• 2 motor system with brush roll shut off

• Lifetime belt & Lifetime filters - no replacement filter costs

• Super stretch hose - 12’ long cleaning reach

• Large Bagless Dust Cup - no bags to replace

• Ergonomic Grip - for a more comfortable hand position

• 30’ Long Power Cord - clean multiple rooms from a single outlet

• Long Crevice Tool

• Short Crevice Tool

• Upholstery Brush

So mabe someone can fill us in if they find out that it does or does not come with the TOOLS & BRUSH? It’s not listed so mabe not!?

How does this compare to the ORECK XL 8 pounds upright (non pro series)?

I hate the plastic feel of the “aluminum” handle that seems to bend every time I try and push the 8 pound Oreck. I swear it doesn’t vacuum up anything, and I can’t convince the missus that the ORECK P.O.S is too light and can’t pick up what the dog can’t lick up.

Maybe she’ll listen if it is coming from fellow wooters?