Shark Rocket or Shark Navigator Vacuum

Shark Rocket or Shark Navigator Vacuum

Are these refurbished or new w/ physical imperfections?

“These items are expected to have a moderate level of wear & tear including (but not limited to) scratches, dents, and dings. Outside of their physical appearance, they have been tested to be in full working condition.”

Based on their wording, I’d say refurb. “Moderate level of wear and tear” says to me that it’s been used not just crappy looking new parts.

2 Likes

Thanks - I wish they’d be more clear about it. :+1:

3 Likes

I agree. I think they are obligated to tell the consumer if an item is new or used!

3 Likes

They are clear about the condition. They told you that it fits in the scratch and dent category and that it has been tested to perform like a new vacuum. What more do you want! It’s REFURBISHED!

1 Like

It would be better if they just said “refurbished/repaired”. My local scratch and dent place, according to them, only sells new items that have scratches and dents.

5 Likes

Evidently you don’t know that large companies often get 1000’s of items back to the distribution center that were damaged in warehouses, in shipment to customers, in shipment to vendors (stores), etc… when you sell large quantities of items a fair number get ‘scratched & dented’ without being actually used. It is a big deal for some to know that a ‘scratch & dent’ is an UNUSED item or one that has been potentially used in a nasty environment (aka bed bugs, fleas). I wouldn’t sleep on a ‘scratch & dent’ mattress that was slept on, but I have purchased one that was NOT USED and still in the wrappers but was potentially damaged (frame)… time for more COFFEE :slight_smile:

4 Likes

So let’s have an answer directly from WOOT (if that’s possible!).

ARE these ‘new’ but dented/scratched, or are they refurbished… or are they just “used” and checked to see if they work!??

1 Like

Yes this ^^^^^ un-used or used???

i bought something similar a while back, was missing a part(crevice tool) it was mailed to me pronto…having said all that. Im extremely satisfied with this refurbished vaccuum cleaner. Simply amazing how it vaccuums. I hear all day long about the other brand. Of course youll pay quadruple the price but i cant see any difference in the results.
my only advice is to get an extra foam filter…

1 Like

I would not buy a ‘refurbished’ vacuum described as ‘scratch n dent’ - ‘Refurbished,’ maybe. At least THAT would indicate: "This item has been gone over, cleaned, disinfected (one would hope) and checked to be in working condition.

The ‘disinfected’ part is what is important. Otherwise, you have no idea what kind of germs might be leftover in these things.

disinfected? i seriously doubt they do it on anything…spray it with DDT or something eh?

1 Like

The term “wear and tear” is what’s unusual. You typically don’t get “wear” unless something is used. Things “wear” out after being used a lot. Scratch and Dent and Refurbished items are usually new, maybe someone bought it, took it out of the box and then returned it. Maybe it fell off the shelf at the warehouse. Seems like these items were used.

1 Like

Hey friends, these are Refurbished with cosmetic damage, hence the Scratch and Dent condition. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Are they “newly” refurbished, though? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Upright comes with the pet tool. Great deal.

I’m not against refurbished stuff but I’ll pass on a used vacuum…too much potential crap that I can’t see. Good talk though.

1 Like

I (my wife) bought a referb shark a little while back. It was delivered in a new condition. There was no sign of use in the storage bin, filters, or brush. I think I got a returned unused as the vendor reply in the linked thread implies may happen. YMMV though if this is a different vendor?

Same vendor but the ones we deem scratch and dent versus factory reconditioned have more cosmetic blemishes (dings, dents, etc). Hence the lower price on scratch and dent versus factory reconditioned.