Shark Steam Pocket Mop

likely a few open-box returns here, and the “reconditioned” ones likely saw little-to-no use before being returned.

there are gliders that allow it to stay slightly above the carpet, it’s more of a steam-sanitizer to loosen tough grime or “refresh” spots of your carpet… not a full carpet-steamer by any stretch

The picture shows a triangular attachment but no mop head for it. The description says it comes with it. Should I believe the picture or the description?

I like my wet mop. Then again, I don’t think my carpet appreciates any mopping I do.

I love love LOVE my shark! It makes things look all shiny and new! :heart:

In for 1 lavender to match our refurb Euro-Pro Shark Navigator Vacuum!

[QUOTE=BigRedDogATL, post:10, topic:338032]
A pretty good review of the “As Seen On TV” Steam Pocket Mop is at As Seen On TV Shark Steam Pocket Mop Review

Cheeze do I have to actually watch the tutorial or are you going to tell me and my pergo why I should not have purchased? The steam seems to be a reasonable defense against the rats…

how about hardwood?

my refurb shark vacuum (granted, not a mop) was all kinds of defective. aside from not turning on, it was visibly dirty and icky. woot honored the warranty and took it back, but still a hassle. and gross. and disappointing.

[QUOTE=MrsBeny]

This was in bad taste. I meant, My Pergo and I…

I have one of these that I bought elsewhere a while back, and it’s been great. You will need to sweep/vacuum first or otherwise it will just push around wet hair and lint, but it does a decent job on light dirt accumulation and leaves an unwaxed fake wood floor decently shiny afterwards. It also works fine on linoleum but requires more pressure due to the crevices in it. The white mop heads stay gray even after throwing them in the wash, but they still seem to work OK.

Just don’t expect it to do the work for you. You still have to do a lot of pushing and mopping to keep the head steaming for best results, since the steam action is activated only when you push against the head.

I’ve broke down and got one. I went for White. I can’t wait to try it out. I have all hard wood floors and they are a pain to clean. Swiffer just pushes the dirt around. Thanks Woot, Wish me luck on the Refurb though.

Anyone have one for over a year that uses it weekly? Reviews on Amazon brought up some longevity issues.

[QUOTE=MrsBeny]

Go to http://www.sharksteampocketmops.com/positive-steam-pocket-mops-review/review-of-shark-steam-mop-and-pergo-laminate-floors for another person’s experience with the Steam Mop and Pergo floors.

I read a lot of on-line reviews. They almost universally say that the mop works great for 3 months and then the steam stops coming out. The problem seems to be hard water build up causing blockage. At under $40, I thought I would take a stab at using adding a water softener or using filtered water for better results.

Literally bought this today for 2x the price at MalWart… Returning it tomorrow!

My entry way is vinyl and gets so dirty from people walking in after a rainy day. This seems like it would be great for that!

I’d believe the package contents picture and the In the box.

Where do you see that it comes with triangular pads?

I have the handheld Steam Pocket cleaner and use distilled water in it, irons, anything else like that… worth it…

Hey something I actually own and have used recently!

This thing is really great for getting sticky stuff off the floor, however, it does not do well with large spaces. The problem is that once you actually get the dirt off the floor it starts to accumulate quite rapidly and you are constantly in this battle between cleaning the cloth and cleaning the floor.

Honestly, I prefer a mop to this because it is a lot easier to work with if you have a lot of cleaning to do.

$89.99 on amazon
Shark S3501N Deluxe Steam Pocket Mop

2x Rectangle pads costs $10.25
Shark XL Microfiber Cleaning Pads for the Steam Pocket Mop, Set of 2 , XLT3501

2x Steam Duster pads costs $17
Shark Steam Duster Microfiber Cleaning Pads, Set of 2, XT3501SD