Shark WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum

Shark WANDVAC Handheld Vacuum

I bought one of these new about a month ago and I use it obsessively.
Extremely pleased with it.

2 Likes

This is listed as WV200/WV201. Could someone please tell me if we’re getting the WV200 or WV201 so I can decide whether I need to cancel my order or not? The core unit is the same, but the accessories are not.

The 201 is a rather big upgrade over the 200, imo, as it comes with the dusting crevice attachment that costs $15 shipped from Shark’s site (the 200 just comes with the regular crevice attachment). At that point, might as well buy the WV201 new from Amazon for $90. A dust buster just doesn’t make since without a dusting attachment.

1 Like

It does state that it ships with a crevice tool and a pet tool. Maybe that helps narrow it down.

Hi there. Per be buyer:

We listed both models so as not to create confusing when customers receive. Our vendor refurbishes both models so the box could say 200 or 201 but they will receive the exact items listed below:

(1) Shark WANDVAC Cord-Free Handheld Vacuum, WV200/WV201

(1) Charging Dock

(1) Crevice tool

(1) Multi Surface Pet Tool

this comes with the crevice attachment the customer mentions below.

Still unclear about the attachment… there are TWO crevice tools mentioned. Your typical crevice tool and a dusting crevice tool with a brush. From the description and what’s included, it looks like just the plain old boring nondusting tool.

BUT what I really want to know is… when these are refurbished, do they get new batteries? More than a few reviews I read complained about short battery life. If these have preowned batteries, I have little faith they’ll hold up.

Delete

So what I’m reading is that the customer takes in and refurbishes WV200 and WV201 units but, regardless of unit, ships them with the WC200 accessory kit? If this is the case, I will cancel my order, as I can get a new unit with a fresh battery and the upgraded attachment (which is the only reason the manufacturer differentiates between the WV200 and WV201 to begin with) for only a few dollars more.

I would recommend only listing this as a WV200 in the future, because people who read reviews of products before buying are probably going to be confused (and disappointed) when they receive a WV201 with a WV200 accessory kit. This doesn’t make sense and I would happily pay Woot an extra $5-10 if I could buy the WV201 with WV201 accessory kit.

We’re asking the vendor for clarification on the attachments.

2 Likes

Attachment

The accessory is a crevice tool, not a duster crevice tool.

Battery

The batteries are tested to see if they properly charge and power on, however, they are not replaced. If they fail to charge or power up then the unit is scrapped.

2 Likes

No new battery… Definitely a pass. They only test to see if it powers on and runs for a bit. Too little probability that this will last, esp for the amount of meney expended.

That is some good information!
(not sarcasm)

1 Like