Sharp 1-Bit Digital Amplifier Flat Panel Home Theater System

buy.com -> Rakuten: Shop. Get Cash Back. Repeat.

an excellent woot

No thanks I think I will stick with my Denon…it ‘flat’ out beats this!

Ah come on woot, put somethin good up there! If this was a woot-off, this would definetly be a killer. Besides, it’s not powerful enough! We are wooters! We want more power than could ever possibly be used! We want the amp that goes to “11” :wink:

deleted post again, sigh

$310.99 - Buy.com

$238.24 - Amazon.com

$229.95 - Overstock.com

$238.24 Minimum - Shopping.com

Hey, look at me; I play my dvds vertically, which means I’m better than you (and more expensive)!

What an asinine form factor.

It’ll cost you at least $90 for the cheapest, most basic DVD-Audio/SACD player out there (which usually have poor bass management and a crappy interface), which makes this seem like a pretty nice deal.

Besides being less that two-bit, what’s one bit, really?

hahahahahaahhahahhahahaha funniest mailbag podcast EVER

Sharp SD-PX2 Home Theater System
(35 W/Channel, DVD Player, Tuner - SKU: SDPX2)
Price Range: $222.87 - $539.96 from 10 Sellers
Rebates & Special Offers: $5.00 Bonus available
Description: Packed with features, the SD-PX2 introduces the greatest in 1-Bit Flat Panel Digital Home Theater technology. With built-in 1-Bit digital amplifiers that incorporate a sampling speed of 5.6 MHz which is 128 times faster than conventional CD… Read More
Description: Packed with features, the SD-PX2 introduces the greatest in 1-Bit Flat Panel Digital Home Theater technology. With built-in 1-Bit digital amplifiers that incorporate a sampling speed of 5.6 MHz which is 128 times faster than conventional CD technology, built-in DVD-CD player, Dolby Digital, DTS Surround Sound and a digital AM/FM tuner, the SD-PX2 combines five amplifiers and a multiformat player in one sleek, compact chassis. Compatible with the lastest high performance loudspeakers, the PX2 can be placed on a stand or wall mounted with the included VESA compatible wall bracket. It’s a perfect home theater system! Minimize

CC are selling this for 530$ !!!
I smell EBAY ops but I’m not a seller so G’nite woot.

Certainly looks cool, but seems like you are paying more for the asthetics than the sound quality. Anyone know if sharp makes good amps?

Certainly a baby couldn’t offend anyone…

http://www.originalicons.com/images/icons/Cartoons/Family%20Guy/1115321293_29532480.gif

Hmmm, wonder why they’re calling this an amplifier? It has a tuner, dvd player, and amp. Thought they call these a home theatre receiver. Sharp brand–low end. Might be nice for the bedroom but for a decent home theatre surround system this fails in comparison.

Unusal system - Have not heard of 1 bit amps, however this ONE spec i do not like is regarding the DVD playback. It appears to be only compatable to DVD-R and NOT DVD+R. 500 Lines of Video= DVD but not HDTV.

Sounds good for the price, however NOT TONIGHT.

Nite Nite Wooters

Too flat, Sharp.

Dimensions: 14 1/2” x 9 11/16” x 4 1/2”
Flat Where? Not too pretty either.
How the heck do you get a DVD into it?
Drop it in that hole on the front?

I don’t really get how this saves space since it is as tall as any other component and will take up a slot. Still, it looks to be pretty good amp for someone in an apartment or townhome looking to set up a home theater. Only 35W per channel though, not enough juice for manly men like myself.

I maybe a little of a purist here, but I have never heard a sharp audio system that was a quality product. Not trying to be negative woot but I don’t really see a deal here. I think the Sony deals they have at wally world are probably your best bet in this price range.

I will stick a plug in here for Klipsch Reference Series speakers in that they are the biggest bang for the buck that you can get as far as quality and sound.

They will run on this thing but it maybe slightly overkill.

Do some research on Amps/Receivers before sticking 185 on this. Spend a little more for a quality piece of electronics. Thats my two cents. Later Peeps.

Yes. I am an ignorant bastard. But yes, I also can’t figure out why the hell I’d buy this. I know that if I had a hell of a lot of money, this would be something I’d want to have. But…well, I don’t and also I don’t naturally know why the hell I’d want this. Peace, folks…

Hahahaha…that was GREAT!

was gonna jump on this but after Checking out specs on CC discovered a MAJOR flaw:

" Cassette player
Number of cassette decks
None
High speed cassette dubbing
No
Auto reverse ?
Info unavailable
Remote controls cassette
N/A "

now def a no go for me…