Sharp SD-HX500 1-Bit Digital 500 Watt Flat Panel Home Theater System

looks to be a good price atleast but I am wondering what everyone else is… WHERE ARE THE SPEAKERS???

Good Deal, Better Deal, worse deal

this is a 5 channel amp w/ an am/fm tuner and a cd/dvd player. No speakers.

Ebay link

Ebay…ranging from $149-$698…HA

I’ll wait for the piggies

it is a cd player,tuner, input selector + a 5 x100w amps, the sound comes from your speakers

dang! this stuff is expensive retail

These puppies are not speakers - you still need those. Probably coming tomorrow. Yipee

Ultimate AV disagrees: http://www.ultimateavmag.com/avreceivers/205sharp/index1.html

Sound quality, after all, is a matter of taste. You may enjoy the HX500’s mellow tone.

normally $400-700

took 3 :slight_smile:

I just like Kayla’s last name, but come-on where did the extra “L” go in McDougall???

it’s a 1 bit DAC. Not a i bit CPU.

That looks pretty darn cool. The specs aren’t that impressive but I haven’t seen a receiver constructed like that before. I like it.

Seems like it’d be really cool if you wanted to (for example) install some speakers in a master bathroom or a room with a hot tub or something like that where getting things on the wall and out of the way would be a plus.

Dang…seriously, I just bought a new stereo yesterday… I SO would have gotten one of these.

I had 24 bit DAC in my car in 1999, why does this product boast 1 bit DAC?

For home audio, high-quality 1-bit D/A’s or A/D’s are actually a good thing. By using some fun tricks, you can use a single D/A or A/D to get high quality results with less noise because of fewer noisy components. If you’re interested, check out the Wikipedia article regarding 1-bit delta-sigma modulators.

Output Power Total: 500 watts (100W x 5) 4 ohms @ 1 kHzc IS peak . Want links for 5000 watts peak. Worry about a constant or RMS to audionuts.

Splice the speakers 1/2 to drop to a lower “ohm” thus wattage will double. Will 2x the heat, with more bass. lol

Got my fosgate (amp @ 1) and solos (custom @ 2) down to 1 ohm … BOOM!

could you use wireless speakers?

What the heck is this thing?