Sharper Image TENS Back Pain Relief System

Wootalyzer’s Pricing Post! - The price of today’s woot item is saved here for future reference

Sharper Image TENS Back Pain Relief System
$39.99 + $5 Shipping
Condition: New

Product List:

• 1 Sharper Image MQ710 TENS Back Pain Relief System

DISCLAIMER Wootalyzer! is in no way affiliated with Woot!, and this post may not always be here!

http://www.amazon.com/Sharper-Technology-Relief-System-Machine/dp/B002G4CNC6

$99 at AMAZON.

how safe are these in the hands of a layman?

$50 at Amazon.

Anyone want to buy some extra pads?

Has anyone actually used one of these things? What kind of results have you had for moderate back pain?

I believe the correct question is “Do these hurt in the ‘prank somebody with them’ range of pain?”

This is, of course, a bunch of high-tech snake oil. But hey, it’s your money.

3.0 stars on Buzzillions.
http://www.buzzillions.com/reviews/dmi-back-pain-relief-system-tens-belt-technology-reviews

For those interested…

TENS = Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation

OR

TENS = Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis Syndrome

Frankly, I could do without either one…

I know a lot of people got the extra pads for these on the Christmas Day sack of carp. check back to that forum if you want to buy more, im sure they’ll go cheap.

Very tempted to but since my Lumbar has been KILLING me l8ly. Need some user reviews to actually buy tho…it aint like its $10 or something.

Here’s just a bit more information on what TENS is.

Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation

Sharper Image makes a TENS unit? Well, it’s probably loads cheaper than one you’d buy at a medical supply store. Can’t speak for the quality, though.

CAUTION: DO NOT USE IF YOU WEAR A PACE-MAKER! PLEASE!

My mom has some pretty horrible back pain and goes for physical therapy. Maybe I should get this for her… Early Birthday present

my chiropractor uses somethin like this, obviously a littler more advanced, but if its like that, this thing is legit and helps a lot… checkin out reviews. standby

Some comments from a previous showing during a Woot-Off:

LINK

I know this showed up as a regular woot offering before, but I can’t seem to find it.

EDIT: Well, the entry from Nov. 16th is HERE, but you can’t seem to get to the comments. Possibly something to do with it being before the merger into deals.woot.

FYI: This thing is an electronic acupuncture machine without the needles.

Acupuncture is a totally unscientific Chinese “treatment” based on both astrology and the idea that human bodies have some sort of ethereal energy flowing through them.

The best studies into acupuncture have shown that there is no difference whatsoever between fake acupuncture (i.e. acupuncture done at random points) and “real” acupuncture, and that neither performs better than a standard placebo.

Waste your money if you want, but the same “treatment” could be achieved for free with a good sugar pill.