Sharper Image TENS Back Pain Relief System

If you have slipped discs, you likely have issues that this unit will not help with. I recently had spinal fusion and I was a different TENS unit at Physical Therapy to help reduce muscle pain after the work out.

What it essentially does is fatigue the muscles to reduce the spasms and bring relief to pain caused by muscle spasms.

Replacement pads here:

http://www.healthproductsforyou.com/products/Misc-Electrotherapy/14B7/Axelgaard-Ultrastim-Accessories.html

Device works well

The pads in these links have electrode leads on them. This unit passes the charge through the belt and the “lead” contacts the pad directly. There is no electrode lead connector.

If you want to look for alternative sources, search for “ultrastim us2020”

I too snagged one on a previous Woot. I really do find it helps. I had a lumbar fusion about 15 years ago which resolved most of my problems, but lately I’m experiencing low back pain that seems to build on itself over a few days. This helps during the flair ups that otherwise start to get pretty bad.

The only downside for me is that it is a bit awkward putting it on and taking it off. The pads are pretty sticky - it takes a little practice.

Won’t work. This unit needs pads that stick to the areas that have the metal gromets. Another source is http://www.lgmedsupply.com/spelforba.html

For the person who had the extra pads availble. I would like to buy some from you.
Please e-mail me at N2FOB@ARRL.NET

It comes with an extension strap that makes it longer.

Not this brand, but my midwife gave me a TENS to use on my back while in labor. It was a homebirth - no meds - and the TENS helped distract my brain from the intensity of the contractions. Pretty cool.

Is this what your baby looked like?

[QUOTE=NightGhost, post:10, topic:294410]
Review at letmeget.com

That is NOT a review, it a company advertisement.

I am currently using a tens unit for PT from a car accident. Although mine is a more expensive model provided by my doctor OD and i use it to loosen tightness in muscles this version IMO is limited you would want to use pads and not a belt. The belt restricts the areas you are able to use the unit. Although for a Tens unit this is a nice price. I would forget about the belt though. Also talk to your doctor before using this device and NEVER place the pads on your bones. There are many sites online to purchase pads and most are reusable. I have been using mine for a month and the 4 pads that came with it all still work. Just remember to buy the right pad when buying extras this model uses snap connectors so make sure you don’t buy lead connection versions as the pads wont work.

JUST PLEASE VISIT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE USING you wont really hurt yourself but if you want anything good to happen you need to ask your DR.

http://www.lgmedsupply.com/spelforba.html.
The above link that has already been posted are the replacement pads for this device although i recommend purchasing something like these lead wires without snaps which the url below will take you to.

http://www.otcwholesale.com/koalaty-wires.html

as then you can use the cheaper pads that were posted and asked about above and will not limit your usage to your lower back. and is what i use and what my doctor recommend as you can buy pads for your lower back but if you have the normal leads you will have a nice unit and for a good price.

Although I recommend new lead wires with standard leads they should be suitable for this device and will negate the need for the belt and give you more options for placement. Also if you have carpal tunnel syndrome they make these gloves that can relieve the cramping. Really with the snaps you cannot buy and use the MUCH cheaper lead pads Which IMO are much better as with the pads you can use it on arms legs your neck anywhere so your not limited to your lower back. These are great to have around but if you have any kind of medical issue at all have your doctors consent before using and if he says not to use it you can either give it away as its a good price or sell it on ebay for more thank you paid and say that you can use it to get a six pack while sitting on the couch. (that wont really work as these do stimulate muscles but without cardio you will not loose any body fat but hey that said it on tv so why not right? technically you can get ripped abs but under a 3 inch slab of fat HAHA.)

Question for WOOT or those who have one:

How long is the belt? My hubby is a big guy and I want to be sure that it fits before ordering it for him.

Thanks!
samsmom

I do not own this one but have 2 one is a belt clip prescribed by my Dr. Cost about $400 after insurance. The second I got on woot for around $50 and is my favorite. Anything sharper image is usually decent and This is s great price. Most tens run on 9V though so I wonder if 3 AAs will pulse strong enough
If u have sciatica. Degenerative disc & failed back surgery. I highly recommend a tens unit this is cheaper than a copay would be
I’m almost tempted to buy it too hard to justify though. Just say NO to muscle spasms. You will have to get conduction pads for it if u self pay they run $10 set $20-45 if u claim insurance. Guess which one I do. Clean the area with alcohol swab let dry & your pads will last 3xs longer. Body oils & lotions make them not stick. Ok done with my diatribe TENS rocks!!!

Yes They claim you need replacement pads once a month. I don’t use my tens daily have Hada set last 4 mos. Clean area with alcohol swab first let dry thousand removes sweat body oil etc…now if It hairy like a Sasquatch Or take mayonnaise baths…ya they’ll stop sticking sooner. Most durable medical supply plcs sell them. My insurance sux sooooo bad its 25-45 a set or $10 if I don’t use my card. Last yr I flirted with the hot lil Rep and she gave me 8 sets :wink: so set for nowe m

Shipping Update

Sharper Image TENS Back Pain Relief System has completely shipped via FEDEX. All tracking will be emailed by the end of the day to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING

The fedex reference # isn’t working and I haven’t received any email besides the woot confirmation.

Any updates?

ya same here…no tracking or shipping information and the order number does not work

Same problem as well. No email regarding the ship date and reference # not working.

Give FedEx some time on Monday to update their systems. Then if you still don’t see it, feel free to email service@woot.com for assistance.

I have the same problem. I haven’t received my tracking number either