Ship to APOs? Yes or no???

I’ve sent two separate emails to Woot now, with nary a response.

I’m stationed in the UK, and have tried to order a few things on Woot. Each time, I put in my APO address (which is available in the dropdown box for “State”), and each time it tells me that Woot does not ship to that address.

If Woot doesn’t ship to APO/FPO addresses, then why have it available in a dropdown box?

Needless to say, this is frustrating as hell. And no, I’m not going to have stuff shipped to a friend/relative for them to ship to me. It shouldn’t have to work that way. Grrr.

A simple yes or no response from someone at Woot would be appreciated. Think you can manage that one?

Signed,
A disgruntled potential customer.

This is in the FAQ. Looks like you are out of luck. They shouldn’t have it in the drop down list, but, well, that’s life.

Thanks, voidptr. I appreciate your response.

sigh

Good thing I’m over here for 3 years with a follow-on assignment to Germany for 3 additional years. rolls eyes

another wooter has been stationed in iraq, he got around the shipping thing by having items sent to a family memeber that was stateside. you could always try that and then ship it to where ever you are now. sure it costs more but then you can still woot!

oops just saw you didn’t want to go that route, well I guess you’re just outta luck then, it’s their bussiness and their choice on how to do things.

A firm grasp of the obvious, you have there…

[quote user=“USAFMedic”]

A firm grasp of the obvious, you have there…[/quote]You’re obviously a staff sergeant.

In the Air Force? E6 is TSgt. in that branch.

[quote user=“herrsmith”]

In the Air Force? E6 is TSgt. in that branch.[/quote]True, but E-5 is a staff sergeant in the Air Force. Sounds like you might know something about marines.

Pshaw, not thos jarheads. I know some about them, such as what the acronym means
My
A (butt)
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment
but mostly my knowledge of military is limite to the army and navy.

[quote user=“herrsmith”]

Pshaw, not thos jarheads. I know some about them, such as what the acronym means
My
A (butt)
Rides
In
Navy
Equipment
but mostly my knowledge of military is limite to the army and navy.[/quote]
I heard navy stood for:

Need
Any
Vaseline
Yet

but it might not have been by a seaman.

Well, now that the kid gloves are off, this is what I actually heard Marines stood for:
My
A butt
Recieves
Injected
Naval
Equipment
Sir

[quote user=“USAFMedic”]Thanks, voidptr. I appreciate your response.

sigh

Good thing I’m over here for 3 years with a follow-on assignment to Germany for 3 additional years. rolls eyes[/quote]

think of it as your karmic pennance for having wussed out and joined the airforce and leaving someone else to do the heavy lifting mumbling under my breath four month tours my ass . . . a full year in Iraq and we go through 3 Airforce engineers continued mumbling

in all seriousness, the general rule is that if a company will ship with USPS they will ship to APOs. FedEx and UPS will not drop a package at an APO because there’s no one to sign for it from them.

With an APO. the shipping company ships it to port here in the US where the military takes posession of it from there and ships it overseas. Since FedEx or UPS has to have a signiture, they won’t deliver to the military postal system. The USPS however will deliver to the military postal system.

What makes you think that “medic” isn’t him trying to downplay the fact that he’s a PJ?

[quote user=“herrsmith”]

What makes you think that “medic” isn’t him trying to downplay the fact that he’s a PJ?[/quote]Good point!

[quote user=“mac daddy1”]Good point!
[/quote]

put enough fancy equipment on me and i look tough too. doesn’t change the fact i’m just a computer nerd in camoflage lol

The question is, though, how far can you hump that equipment, because I bet that dude could go a while.

[quote user=“herrsmith”]

The question is, though, how far can you hump that equipment, because I bet that dude could go a while.[/quote]

air assault, all the way baby!!

[quote user=“allgoodpeople”]

air assault, all the way baby!![/quote]

“Dope on a rope?” heheheheheh j/k

[quote user=“AZGman”]

“Dope on a rope?” heheheheheh j/k[/quote]
death from above! uh-rah!

This is in the FAQ. Looks like you are out of luck. They shouldn’t have it in the drop down list, but, well, that’s life.