Shipping to An APO Address?

My only shipping address is an APO address. Is there anyway to ship today’s woot to this type of address? When I fill out the order form, it stats “Sorry, we currently don’t ship to Hawaii or Alaska.” and also that "we don’t ship to that zip code. My zip code over here is 09464 and im in Armed Forces Europe… any way around this?

Hope something can be found out. :smiley:

Koz

[quote user=“kozko”]My only shipping address is an APO address. Is there anyway to ship today’s woot to this type of address? When I fill out the order form, it stats “Sorry, we currently don’t ship to Hawaii or Alaska.” and also that "we don’t ship to that zip code. My zip code over here is 09464 and im in Armed Forces Europe… any way around this?

Hope something can be found out. :smiley:

Koz[/quote]

most probably not (although I speak with absolutely zero offical authority). the issue is that woot uses fed ex to ship. fed ex requires a signature to deliver. with an APO, it’s shipped to some place in NY i think, then it’s turned over to the military postal system. once the military has posession of it, there’s no guarantee it will get to you.

for the most part, if a company ships using USPS you can get it sent to APO addresses. Companies that use UPS and FedEx typically won’t go to APO addresses.

what i’ve always done if it was something i JUST HAD to have from that vendor, i had it shipped to family in the States. then i either just picked it up whenever i happened to be home on leave or something, or I asked them to mail it out to me USPS. sucks to pay shipping twice, but such is life in the military sometimes.

Doh!

FedEX…
That does make a difference. It’s too bad they can’t ship via USPS for people that are over sea’s in the Military.

I too have had to have items shipped home and then double pay shipping.

Thanks for your info… it was very helpful. Not what i was looking to hear, but it works. :wink:

most probably not (although I speak with absolutely zero offical authority). the issue is that woot uses fed ex to ship. fed ex requires a signature to deliver. with an APO, it’s shipped to some place in NY i think, then it’s turned over to the military postal system. once the military has posession of it, there’s no guarantee it will get to you.

for the most part, if a company ships using USPS you can get it sent to APO addresses. Companies that use UPS and FedEx typically won’t go to APO addresses.

what i’ve always done if it was something i JUST HAD to have from that vendor, i had it shipped to family in the States. then i either just picked it up whenever i happened to be home on leave or something, or I asked them to mail it out to me USPS. sucks to pay shipping twice, but such is life in the military sometimes.

1 Like

Doh!

FedEX…
That does make a difference. It’s too bad they can’t ship via USPS for people that are over sea’s in the Military.

I too have had to have items shipped home and then double pay shipping.

Thanks for your info… it was very helpful. Not what i was looking to hear, but it works. :wink:

Those serving their country overseas are such a small part of Woot’s clientele that Woot simply doesn’t care enough to try - especially given Woot is an Amazon company, and Amazon is a huge vendor for those at APO addresses. Based on this, I will unsubscribe from Woot’s emails today - I’m at an APO address, and if Woot won’t be loyal to me, then I’m done the Woot.

Isn’t it possible that Woot tried but it wasn’t feasible?

Not all of Woots listings are associated with Amazon.

I’m very sorry. It’s been on our radar and I ask about it often. My brother is a military veteran so it’s close to my heart.

There are some special hoops that we need to go through to get this done. I believe we’re working on it. Not sure of an ETA though.

1 Like