Shirt Derby: Friday, September 21, 2007

see, i took the “glass is half full” approach to fall, because that means the return or college football and the NFL… not to mention new freshmen co-eds wandering around campus aimlessly looking for a party with cheap beer and a ping pong table to play flippy cup on so they can get drunk and make choices their parents wouldn’t be proud of

…i may have just given myself inspiration for a shirt

don’t forget pickup football games and bon fires

Then I guess we’ll just have to make designs that depict our version of fall…although it may be hard convincing the Woot staff that sitting inside next to the A/C playing video games is fall.

Don’t worry, Arizona! I have a few Ideas brewing! Now, how do I incorporate bacon into an autumn theme

Fall is great, it’s when the scorpions start to hibernate :wink:

yes. exactly. beach football is ok, but nothing beats a good pickup game at 5pm when the sun is low and it’s 50 degrees out.

True…but it’s definitely not cool to be stung by one.

While I like this theme, I think it’s a bad marketing move. Who wants to buy a shirt they can only wear less than three months out of the year?

You could wear it the other nine months in a form of protest. “Booo Spring! Go Fall!”

Or something.

Just because the theme is about fall, doesn’t mean it won’t end up being something you can’t wear all year. Better than a specific Halloween shirt (not that I’m against it, it’s my favorite holiday) that most people will only wear in late October. Do people only wear summery shirts in the summer?

you’re thinking is too narrow. expand a bit :slight_smile:

besides, people bought a snowmen t-shirt in august…

Autumn has: Football, Changing colors, Elections, Leaf piles, Apple Bobs, a lovely equinox, all sorts of stuff (Not to show my pimp hand to soon!)

I didn’t know that! Where does Klaus Meine like to sleep all winter??? “Rock you like a Hurricane!”

Precisely.

I’d like to make a request now for brown and/or orange shirts. This would be a good derby to limit the colors. Brown, orange, and maybe burgundy.

i think we’ll see a slew of them, even without the restriction.

if someone submits a blue/green/asphalt shirt, there’s a good chance they’re “doin’ it wrong”. there might be exceptions, but…

AND CHECK OUT MY POLL!!!, it’ll only take a second (link in sig) :slight_smile:

/sorry for yelling

Having a hard time with this, nothing coming to me except leaves falling so I put something else together not sure how everyone will take it. but here it is for comments.

Beach: Lifeguard Shack Closed for Season:

http://www.bullseyenetworks.com/beach_shirt_comp.jpg

stay away from the edge of the shirt…woot can’t reliably print to the edge like that.

at least that’s how i understand it. otherwise, interesting idea…could use a bit of fine tuning. for example, I’d re-do it using the pen tool instead of relying on photoshops “cutout” filter (or illustrator’s “live trace”) to convert the photo to vector. doing so is a good guide when you need to work with limited colors, but the resulting lines aren’t very neat.

In your house, like all the other scorpions…

Move design up to chest p’raps?