Shirt "peeling" - is this a new printing method?

I’ve bought a lot of WootShirts over the years, my wife would say far too many, and have most of them still. My favorite is my Lime in the Coconut which has even gained some significant reputation at my work. It’s years old.

My shirt from last August, the Quarantine Festival one, was printed with what felt like spongy (I’m describing it poorly) ink. I could feel it on there, raised and almost tacky, whereas my Lime one, for example, feels like dry paint on the wall.

I don’t know if it is because of this, but the quaranine shirt has begun to fall apart. The printing is breaking up and peeling off. It’s a shame, because it’s a fun shirt that even my wife almost likes.

Is this a new printing style for Woot Shirts, or was it something special for this shirt that I just have to deal with it having a short shelf life?

Hi there. Sorry for the problem with the shirt.

In the days of old, we screen printed shirts. Like most places these days, we now do digital printing.

The shirt should not be peeling, however. Please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. Include a link to a photo for faster service.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.

thanks TT, will do.

I have no idea what digital printing is…sounds like a youtube lunch view!

mmm - info! What's the difference between screenprinting and digital printing? - YouTube

I did screenprinting back in high school, and this is really interesting new tech.

1 Like