Shirt Quality down, a lot, in the last 2 years?

I’ve ordered from woot for over 15 years (first woot was a BOC Nov 4, 2005), and over the course of that time I have ordered probably a dozen t-shirts. First t-shirt was April 2008 and even that shirt is holding up pretty well. All of the older shirts are woot! branded (woot tag on the neck) and they are all pretty much the same. Showing their age, but overall in decent condition.

At some point (the shirts I have are from 2017) they switched to a company called Anvil (again, per the tag), and those shirts are also holding up well despite being almost 5 years old.

I’ve bought 5 shirts in the last 2 years (since August 2019) and three of them are looking pretty rough already. They are all “Port and Company” brand. 2/5 have the neck all stretched out, one is losing the screen-printing; it’s just rubbing right off.

I’ve treated them all the same, washed together and all that. These new ones just aren’t the same quality and it’s really disappointing because I see a lot of shirts on the site that I’d be interested in buying, but now I question whether I should.

Hi there. I’m very sorry to hear about the problems with your recent shirts. If you bought the shirts in 2021, please reach out to Woot! Customer Service. Attaching a link to a photo will speed things up.

From a browser, use the Woot! Customer Service form.

In the Woot! App, choose Account from the bottom navigation and then Support.

Note: Woot! Customer Service replies go to the email address on your Woot! account, not your Amazon login email if used/different.