Shirt.Woot Spotlight: Robbie Lee

My mediocre Google-fu skills found the following from the original discussion:

And from the artist:

My reaction was nothing less than this when I discovered this sale.

I am buying things, but please…

Rescue.
Rescue.
Fear and love and hope in one beautiful moment.

Please Rescue.

What happened to the cute girls tanks??? What up with just having the unisex tanks??? If it can fit a boy, its not going to look good on a girl. Just saying. I love my beach one!!! I get lots of comments on it. Woot is a big part of my vocabulary!!! Haha

I’m so happy I could cry. My fat unicorn t-shirt had a run in with some bleach. I’ve been heart broken ever since. And now, I can finally replace my precious. THANK YOU!!!

I’f I had to guess I’d say either a) Sales were abysmal or b) They’re to hard to get.

Thanks, abuffalo! And good news on Rescue: It printed about a month ago over at DBH

Sweet! Dreams come true. Little ones, anyway.

Thanks again, everyone, for all the great comments and support! It’s been a great week in the Shirt.woot spotlight.

I just wanted to pipe in that I received my “Tin” hoodie today. Robbie, this is such a classic; I have my original first run print of the shirt, and it’s still one of my favorites.

As for the hoodie itself . . . I dunno, I’m not sure I’ll order one of these again. It felt like a knockoff of AA zippered hoodies I’ve owned in the past. The thing seemed misshapen, with curiously long cuffs at the end of the sleeves, kind of short in the back, tight in the waist, and just a general feel of cheapness. I would’ve paid $5-$10 more for a better made hoodie. In comparison, I felt like the pullover hoodie I bought ages ago for Dystopia Dark Lager was better-fitting and it seemed less hastily put-together. This seems odd, b/c it’s my understanding that both hoodies are sourced from the same Honduran supplier.

All that being said, I love that I have this design on something other than a tee, so that I can sport my kickass tin man during cooler weather. And, no matter what the canvas, there’s no denying the epicness here.

They’re not, actually. The heavyweight pullover hoodies are Gildan 1850, but the lightweight hoodies are Alternative Apparel’s Eco-Heather hoodie.

PS: Hey woot! It looks like “Military Green” is a new color in the Gildan hoodies for 2012 and it looks quite close to olive, in case you do a cupcake side sale!

Thanks for the info, neuro! Hard to know what’s going on in the woot blank world when one’s been out for awhile. I happened to see the Robbie Lee event going on and knew I had to come back for at least one purchase.

I must say, the Alternative Apparel hoodies are crazy slim, I mean slimmer than my old American Apparel hoodies. This will be a line dry only item for sure–I’m betting one round in the dryer and I’d have to give the thing to my little nephew.