It’s time for everybody’s favourite gif:

4 Likes

2 Likes

Discover No Way GIF by ADWEEK

SEARCH BAR?

WE DON’T NEED NO STINKIN’ SEARCH BAR.

5 Likes

no on the search bar.

don’t want to make it easier for folks to find me.

6 Likes

totally

1 Like

Let me save you some time.

Here’s the thing you wanted.

See, we don’t need a search.

4 Likes

I want to know the reasoning behind the individuals that said No.

4 Likes

I was LITERALLY looking for a search bar when I saw this poll. :joy: Funny, those odds. YES, dear Woot gods, PLEASE add a search bar!

2 Likes

Because Woot doesn’t have a search bar.
Adding a search bar would be change.
Change is bad.

Plus… it’s more fun to watch people whine about there being no search bar.

4 Likes

I agree with @RebelTaz and @peaceetc The search function on A-Z is the worst. It used to be better, but over the years has become ridiculous. I’ve gotten tired of wading through all of the completely irrelevant responses, so it’s one of the reasons I rarely shop there anymore. I would like Woot! to add a search function (I do sometimes use the search in the forums for help, but it’s not as helpful as it could be). Sometimes I want to search because I remember seeing something for sale recently that I want to go back to, and I simply can’t find it again. I don’t see me using a search bar as a “start from scratch and see if they have it” search as much as a “where did I see that” search.

But for the love of all that is good about Woot! do not copy from A-Z. Of course, since A-Z searches return things all the time that are completely irrelevant, maybe Woot! is secretly responsible. I call shenanigans.

4 Likes

A better idea:

Add a search, but by color. Search for Green things! Blue things!

Or, search by shape. Want a triangle shaped thing? A round thing?

A texture search may be nice also. Squishy things!

4 Likes

Search by shape?

As long as it helps me find those WootAfterDark items.

4 Likes

Nope.

I have my own secret techniques of finding items and don’t want to make it easier for anyone else to grab something I might want.

1 Like

do we know any1 in warshington … ?

3 Likes

Need to think why the searches are worse. I think the reason is that far more private sellers are trying to do sales on Amazon and the descriptors they use sometimes are really bad. Sometimes not even the right product cut and pasted.

Google searches of Amazon may also reference customer feedback which again is sometimes for a wrong product. Sometimes it is useful like using key word “durable” and it is in a review and not in the Product description.

Search prompt: “Draw what you’re looking for”

Loading prompt: “Prepare to be disappointed”

Search results: “Here’s some stuff that you didn’t want to see. Now you can try with text.”

2 Likes
5 Likes

Yet amazon fresh CONSTANTLY tries to sell me things it lists as out of stock… why offer what ISN’T available? Make it make sense!

yes, but you should also bring Dell warrantied refurbed PC’s

Of course! Why has Woot not done this already?
It would be easier to shop deals and add more revenue to the site

2 Likes