Shun 4-Piece Ultimate Steak Knife Set

Curse you, Woot. I caved in. I’ve got a whole bunch of Shuns with the same handle, and the supersteel/damascus style blades. Darn it, I want things to match - and the bamboo case matches my carving set.

Sooooooooooooo I’m in. I’ll use the set from two weeks ago as a gift.

Your buyer is right, but I HATE HATE HATE the way the term is used. Serrated comes from the Latin serratus, which means saw-shaped. It implies tooth-like protrusions. We’ve had 2 blade categories for so long, folks just can’t shake the idea, although scalloped blades are quite different.

If I was the type to send off my knives to be sharpened, I’d probably get these. They’ll be a little more forgiving for time between sharpenings, and they are highly regarded. I’m not sure the extra difficulty in sharpening these will be worth it for those who sharpen their own knives, but it is possible with some systems.

Knives are great and these look exceptional - but I’ll continue to gnaw the meat off the bone using my hands, thanks.

don’t know what worse- not getting any, or being informed that you’re not ALLOWED to register for knives because it’s bad luck…

I bought the same set. THe serrated utility turned out to be the best one ,still use it everyday .
The worst one had to be the Santoku ,right now it’s so dull that it wouldn’t cut a tomato without smashing it.
Kinda pissed me off because I take so good care of them,and it (the Santoku) still got dull for some reason . My wife is still making fun of me every time she sees me use it.

Really want to get this set . But just think about all the jokes from my wife make me pass this beautiful set. Ouch.

I bought that set too. I dunno - you must be doing something wrong. How could the Santoku be dull already? What cutting surface are you using? At any rate, send it to Shun and they’ll sharpen it for free.

Shun uses the word “ultimate” on only two of their knives. One is this one, and the other is the utility knife you bought in the set. Both knives are awesome and both include the scalloped blade. The classic 9" bread knife also has the scalloped blade, and is equally awesome.

Don’t worry if you missed this set. Watch eBay and amazon in the coming weeks. The price will likely come down to almost what this set was.