Shun Edo 4-Piece Steak Knife Set

**Item: **Shun Edo 4-Piece Steak Knife Set
Price: $99.99
Shipping Options: $5 Standard OR $9 Two-Day OR $12 One-Day
Condition: New

[Search Amazon](http://www.amazon.com/s/?field-keywords=Shun Edo 4-Piece Steak Knife Set)

[Search Google](Shun - Google Shopping Edo 4-Piece Steak Knife Set)

Look pretty awesome, but hopefully you never find yourself eating a steak that requires a Shun to cut it.

Compare to CutleryAndMore at $239

Just thinking about running the blade edge of a Shun against a ceramic plate makes me CRINGE. Nope, can’t do it.

Are the handles on these ambidextrous?

Exactly , this set looks great ,it can go fine with other Shun in your kitchen .
Spend enough money on steak knives and you’ll end up with steaks that would required a Shun just to cut it . :wink:

I have a set of Henkels pro S knives my parents gave me for graduation–including steak knives.

Now my boyfriend makes a mean steak/porkchop, and the first time he got to enjoy one with one of MY knives was something special.

Take any of my other knives near ceramic and I’d slap you, but…well, that’s what a steak knife is for.

I’m seriously considering getting a couple of these as gifts.

This set have a much bigger and solid handles compare to most other Shuns .
To my own experience , serrated edges Shun knives stay sharp much longer than the other . Especially steak knives .

Whats this talk about serrated? The photo doesn’t look serrated.

Do these knives come with the custom storage box I see on other sites?

It says non-serrated blades…

Poster didn’t say these are.

I bought these knives because Jesus told me to.

If anyone has buyer’s remorse give me a holler.

Well, I received mine today but was dissapointed that the ones I got were made of AUS8A steel, instead of the advertised VG-10. I sent Woot an email to see what resolution I’ll get from this mistake :frowning:

Thx for the heads up… Mine came today. Aus8a steel too!!

Yikes. I’m sorry. Feel free to email support@woot.com to see what options they have to offer.

Well, I contacted Woot, which told me to contact Shun (KAI). Shun replied that the information on Woot’s website is incorrect and should have stated that the knives were made with AUS8A instead of VG-10 steel. VG-10 is the main selling point of the Edo line of knives from Shun and getting AUS8A makes this disappointing. I emailed Woot and we’ll see what they can do to rectify this.

I emailed them too about receiving AUS8A and not VG10 and all I got was:

“Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, we don’t have any replacements available. I’ve gone ahead and initiated an RMA for your order and created a prepaid return label. Once we get it back, we can issue a full refund back to your original payment method…”

bleh.

Wow, that doesn’t sound to good. I guess Woot would rather take back used knives then even offer some consolation credit at the very least. I haven’t heard back from Woot but I guess it won’t be good news. I guess by what they have to offer is “We’ll take it back” :frowning: