Shun Kaji Fusion 8-Piece Knife Block Set

…I think they accidentally added an extra 9 in that mix…

I thought over $600 was bad
8 Piece MSRP: $1,520 says
http://kitchenknifeblocks.com/shun/kaji-fusion-8-piece-knife-set

Will you scream louder than a flying monkey?

Nice call.

I bought these knives and they are simply amazing, but you need to love to cook. They are actually so sharp, at times I’m scared to use them, but after using these… the cuisinart set, that I used to think, was outstanding, have gone to the thrift store. But woot… next time, please hide the price incase my husband finds out, just how much I spent on these!!

For that price these knives better remove and bestow upon me the soul of whatever they’re cutting.

aren’t hot dogs and bolonga the same thing?

Still zero sales.

Good god no! You should never put good knives, or, frankly, even half-way decent knives in a dish-washer.

Throw in a melon baller and you’ve got yourself a deal.

These are not as sharp as my hattori hanzo knife set.

Oh gosh, i wish i could afford to spend that much money on knives!!

These knives can be machine washed, however, like all chopping knives, it is recommended to hand wash knifes to keep them sharp and away from possible damage.

what about the risk factor on cutting yourself? doesn’t that have any affect? better safe than sorry ya know!

Anyone else baffled by this? 1 - 11 Slot Block but only 8 knives. Is this for expansion if you want to buy more outside of woot or am I missing something?

I would like to understand the mystery of the 8 piece set that comes with the 11 slot block. What to do with the extra 3 slots?

After all of the holiday ordeal, I think the workers in shipping deserve a rest. I think this deal will give them a well-deserved rest.

Thanks for thinking about your warehouse workers, Woot!

Aw, you guys beat me to it! I was going to suggest that Woot take some of its’ profit (if they have any on this one) and invest in a dictionary to discover the difference between “pairing” and “paring”.

You have to be rich or crazy (and probably both) to pay this much for knives.

Go to a restaurant supply store and get some practical knives.

This article pretty sums it up well:

A No-Frills Kitchen Still Cooks

I really, really wish I could afford this. I have a santoku from Shun’s regular Kaji (non-fusion) line and it’s simply amazing. Everyone questioning the price should do some research into high-end cutlery. This is actually a pretty amazing deal for a set of this caliber.