Shun Ken Onion 7 Piece Bamboo or Cherry Block Set

did anyone notice on the discription page woot wrote this to Ahmadinejad

بهداشت ، درمان و ثروت برای شما

Translated…

Health and wealth to you !

from now on it’s going to be kinda hard to buy from Woot !

for me !

W T F were you thinking Woot ?

Everytime one of these Shun Ken knife sets are listed, I get a little thrill and hold my breath while scrolling down to see which size knives are included in the set. Once again my heart has been broken when I see that neither a true chef’s knife (one at least 8 in long, perferably 10) or a real paring knife is included (the blade on the small knife in this set is too wide for many of the tasks for which you would use a paring knife.) Those are the two knives that I and probably most cooks use 90% of the time. Sigh, maybe next time…

Really, Alextse? You paid $600 retail for steak knives? You may be the man of my dreams.

It was said while throwing extremely high quality knives at his passing motorcade, after removing them from the fancy wooden block.

Go buy some more canned food and ammo. It’s coming soon.

Someday…I WILL buy these. Someday.

For some reason when I click “I Want One” it keeps asking me for my credit card.

All I’m sayin’ is, I want one! I just can’t afford it!

Yeah - “health and wealth” - what were they thinking?

This is a nice set which I wish I could afford/justify the need right now. And remember kids, as with all knives and woodblocks, it would be in your best interest to store them blade UP in the holders to prevent any unnecessary dulling of the blades. It may not look as nice while sitting in the block but if you’re dropping some cash on good knives, it’s a good idea to take care of them.

On another note, I think it’s time for a kitchen.woot! I, for one, would likely spend the majority of my disposable income on a kitchen.woot site.

Amazon Reviews

A kitchen.woot! would be seriously dangerous to my checking account balance.

You guys just aren’t very smart. Don’t you get the joke? I mean, I generally don’t care for the woot writeups (give me $1 off and don’t pay someone to make them), but still, its obviously a joke.

A five-year-old would get that joke.

I purchased the bamboo block set a few months ago from woot. Knives are great, I do a lot of cooking and they make easy work of it. I just wanted to add that the block does not look like the one pictured. The block that comes with these (at least the bamboo one) is more vertical and fits much better on a crowded counter-top. Looks like this:
(~10 knife slots and on lower kitchen sheers slot)

|--------------|
| ____ ____ |
| ____ ____ |
| ____ ____ |
| ____ ____ |

____ ____
…____…
--------------

While I appreciate your assumption that the write-up was an actual transcription from our live blogging of the Iranian president’s motorcade, I assure you the Woot travel budget just ain’t that generous.

I would have to cancel my internet!

So, I’m assuming the 4 knifes on woot! go with this set? Yes ? No ?

I bought this set in June. I never owned good knives before and I’m now in love with this set. Cooking may be my new hobby.

Yes, it comes with 5 knives and honing steel.

Here’s the 8" slicing knife and a steak knife:

65%x65%

http://sale.images.woot.com/HG20755A_specs8.jpg[/IMG]

65%x65%

http://sale.images.woot.com/HG20675A_specs01.jpg[/IMG]

Woot buyers, here’s a suggestion. There’s three knives I pull out of my bag every day at the restaurant. A 10" chefs knife, a 7" Santoku, and a 4" utility knife. I probably use the Santoku the most. It’s the go-to knife for cutting vegetables. The chef’s knife you offer here is too small, even for a home chef. The 3 paring knives are redundant; you only need one. You don’t need to spend top dollar on a serrated bread knife. This set on woot is very expensive and minimally useful. Offer a set of the three I suggested with a steel and block and it will be infinitely more interesting.

Shipping Update

Shun Ken Onion 7 Piece Bamboo or Cherry Block Set has completely shipped via FEDEX Ground. All tracking has already been emailed out. You can also find your tracking number by following this link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING