Shutterbugs

Here’s a thread for sharing your favorite photos- a nice sunset, an artsy still life, your spoiled car, cheezy pets and kids, or that embarrassing prom portrait. The photos don’t have to look professional but if you want to show off your skills, feel free.

Just make sure the photo’s yours- either you shot the picture or you’re in the photo. Don’t go swiping some random copyrighted image off the web. And keep the pics rated PG.

If you need an image host, try http://imageshack.us. And if you want to share an entire gallery of pictures of a single event or vacation or something, don’t put the entire gallery here. Post the best picture and link it to the gallery.

Now here’s a pic to start the thread:

Yerba Buena Gardens, San Francisco, as seen from the Sony Metreon Center
The brick-colored building is the museum of modern art.

great thread idea mnementh! We’ve got lots of above-average vacation photos. Here’s one for starters…

This was taken at a park in Vietnam, although I forget exactly which city it was in.

Hey, great idea for a forum. How about a short description with each picture telling us what we’re looking at.
Thanks.

Sweet Sweet Susie the Sheltie.

If this works, it’s near Cloudland Canyon, in Georgia, in August of 2004. It’s one of my favorite places to go camping.

Here’s a picture of an ice cave in the Upper Penninsula of Michigan. Was there visiting my parents in Feb of this year.

I’ll tell you what it is later, but I’m curious first to see if anyone knows.

Classic Gaming Expo

my truck, where its supposed to be [:D]

I’m sorry if people do like this, I am fully into tread lightly and pick up trash as I am out on the trails, so I’m still trying to help the environment

[quote user=“mnementh”][img]
Classic Gaming Expo[/quote]

Whoa. That’s almost droolworthy to a guy who’s been gaming for probably 30 years. Was this stuff for sale? (Deleted picture to save bandwidth - might have been a mistake)

Yeah, it was for sale. I also have pictures of rarer stuff, including museum-quality items, but figured it’d all be too obscure for the casual Woot forum viewer. I’ll make a gallery later.

a picture inside the Galord Opryland Hotel, Nashville, from when I was there for a convention back in March.

[quote user=“mnementh”]

Yeah, it was for sale. I also have pictures of rarer stuff, including museum-quality items, but figured it’d all be too obscure for the casual Woot forum viewer. I’ll make a gallery later.[/quote]

I actually spent some of the first money I ever made (as a 12 year old paperboy) on an Odyssey2. That was some sucky gaming. Imagine the joy when we got a TI994/A for Christmas (played the heck out of that sucker)

A short series I posted awhile back (was posting under my wife’s account then) of a sparkler bomb igniting. Kids, don’t try this at home!

right as it catches fire

peak of the blast. flames are at least 5-6 ft tall.

as the sparks die down, a big ball of fire mushrooms upward
(note the scary faces in the flames. spooky, huh?)

my sister examining the aftermath the next day.

I’m all confused again. I thought it was GC who had the sparkler bomb.

GC had one this year. I dunno if he ever got around to lighting it. These were pics I put in his thread of one that I made last year, so that folks following that thread could see why they’re so much fun (and an easy way to get hurt).

[quote user=“Turken”]
GC had one this year. I dunno if he ever got around to lighting it. These were pics I put in his thread of one that I made last year, so that folks following that thread could see why they’re so much fun (and an easy way to get hurt).[/quote]

Thanks for explaining. I didn’t know if I could find the old thread or not and it would have bugged me.

[quote user=“CRQRI”]
a picture inside the Galord Opryland Hotel, Nashville, from when I was there for a convention back in March.[/quote]

Awesome hotel. I too was at the Gaylord hotel in March. But not for a convention. Which convention were you there for?

To me it looks like someone has been set ablaze. Are you sure this isn’t a cover story [;)]

Okay, one more… this isn’t a photo, but rather a link to a video I took with the digital camera. In the IRC chat, we were talking a bit about the screaming monkey toys, and so I thought I’d pull this out to share. It’s not the toy, but some other interesting screaming monkeys. I have no idea what type of monkey they are though.

and warnings… file size ~4.5 MB, and the audio is loud… but you really need the loud audio for the full effect.

click here