SiliconDust HDHomeRun Network-Based Digital HDTV Tuner

Product Website

will this work with and iphone or an android device

Too bad…comcast encrypts…

At this price it’s cheaper than the majority of tuners out there, and I heard you can mod this a little to make it sweeter.

Let’s say (hypothetically) that you’re a cable subscriber and want to (hypothetically) pull in HD channels. Are you out of luck?

Congrats nightghost on 1000 Quality Posts

see if you have clearQAM @ http://www.silicondust.com/support/channels/

Can someone explain to me what this does?

I CONFUS.

Anyone know if this will show up over a remote/virtual network?

now go outside. there is fresh air (:

alatest reviews

Amazon

froogled

My ideal setup is to hook this from my (unencrypted) cable to my wireless router, and on the other end via wifi, a laptop running Vista WMC. Will this hold up over Wifi? How well does it work with WMC / an Xbox streaming program?

it’d be better if someone did the price stamps consistently, because if i check this day later, i’ll have no idea how much this was…

SiliconDust HDHomeRun Network-Based Digital HDTV Tuner

$49.99

• $5 shipping

If he makes it to 1001, he won’t get executed by the Sultan!

And this offering probably will need a lot of questions answered. But it is blue!

It got 4 eggs at Newegg

Newegg reviews

I think it rolls over at 1000, 1001 it reads +1 and then he has to start over :wink:

Nice invocation of Shadowrun in the lead-in.

They should give him a title under his S/N like the Woot Mods…
Let’s think of a name…
Quality Post Czar?

It produces HDTV to your TV with your network (not cable)

Product Description
Now you can watch, pause and record digital and HDTV channels from any computer on your home network. Transform you computer into a home entertainment system with SiliconDust’s HDHomeRun. This tuner solution plugs into your network and lets you receive both over the air digital TV and unencrypted digital cable TV content from your cable company. Multiple computers can use the HDHomeRun. It captures full broadcast resolution, up to 1080i high definition without degrading the quality. You can record hours of your favorite digital TV shows directly on your hard drive and edit out unwanted content. Store your collection on an external drive, portable device or burn it to a disc. The HDHomeRun is compatible with Windows Media Center including Windows7, Windows Vista Home Premium and Windows Vista Ultimate and many third party solutions for Windows, Macintosh and Linux. The included DVR software lets you record your favorite shows onto your hard drive so you can watch them whenever you want.