SiliconDust HDHomeRun Network-Based Digital HDTV Tuner

My local comcast now requires boxes or cable cards to get anything more than a few channels. :frowning: Won’t work for me.

doesn’t work with satellite or any cable provider that requires a box (like comcast in my area)

seriously thinking about getting this, but I would rather have the dual tuner version

Looking around - my coaster is gone, my beer is gone. BAD DOG.

Anyone know if this will work with AT&T U-Verse?

wow… this woot is lasting more then 2 minutes. lol.

i got the dual channel one of these a while back, from woot I think.

I have a Wireless G setup. It seems to invariably hang the network after around 1/2 hour. I’m not sure why.

It surprisingly works connected to FIOS tv. I can watch all the exciting city council meetings from all over the county, besides the local o-t-a channels and WGN

All these are going to be junk in the next few weeks. As soon as China ramps up production on devices that can capture the HDMI data, you’ll be able to record anything your set can display.

HDCP Master Key Released

Hey Armagedon, whassup?

This is going to be a long one…and not in a “that’s what she said” good sort of way.

Pretty blue

Does it work with OS/360 or OS/2?

Can I get this in a pink or ruby color?

It will work on Comcast to get your local High Def channels (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, CW, PBS). They are required by the FCC to send them via Clear QAM (unencrypted). Comcast usually encrypts all other channels, though.

works with Linux? I’m in for one.

Can I can network this and my Roku via my SlingBox to watch TV anywhere in my house?

Someone should have warned SiliconDust that WOOT! was gonna load up their server when this item came up! especially the server that tells us what channels we can receive…

Yes they are. This will only get you the basic channels from most providers. Nothing cool or worth recording. Even the good HD channels are encrypted.

Won’t work at all with Dish unless you route the output of the Dish receiver through the device… And program the receiver to auto-tune the channel you want to record.

The description said it does not work with IPTV, so probably not.