Silo 24” 1080p LED HDTV

Yes. Has a standard NTSC/ATSC tuner. That translates to the old analog signals used in the US from the 1950s until a few years ago (NTSC) plus the now current digital over the air broadcasts (ATSC) - including high definition content.

Does a PS3 require HDCP?

The specs on this monitor don’t mention HDCP. Does it support HDCP?

Thanks.

Nothing of the sort. It was a technical glitch on our end. It’s there now.

Anyone know if this tv is 60hz or 120hz?

Plug it into the wall and connect a Roku box, clean and simple.

All you need is a DVI to HDMI converter that is available from any good electronics retailer starting at about $3 and up.

just wondering from anyone’s experience if off brand tvs are reliable and last long and are just as good as well-known brands, or is it better just to spend the extra money for something name-brand? This deal’s looking pretty good to me, and I’m just looking for a general tv for my college room and maybe looking to keep it as a replacement for the bulkier type of TV.

Man I’ve been looking around for a good monitor that I can use to game/watch movies on my 360 and play PC games too… But I’m worried that once I buy a 24" that I’ll wish I got a 32". I know I don’t want a TV that’s TOO big because my room wouldn’t be able to fit it anyway but I feel like 24" is so tiny if I really want to invest in a 1080p…

Also I would like to know if Silo is reliable and if it’s 120hz, cuz 120 is supposed to be way better for movies right?

Silo? I hope is not related to the ILO TV’s that Walmart used to sell.

Everything I’ve been able to find on google says PS3 needs HDCP for games as well as Blu-ray playback (I was hoping it was only for blu-ray)
e.g. Anyone use a HDMI to DVI cable on their PS3? | Ars OpenForum

I’ve not found any mention of HDCP in conjunction with this set, and ‘Silo’ don’t appear on the list of HDCP license holders here: http://www.digital-cp.com/about_dcp/list
Although that’s not a guarrantee (could be licensed under a different name).

Also - 360 appears not to require HDCP for games…

Every headphone jack I have ever used would turn off the speakers when the plug was inserted. I would wager that this one is no different.

Are we sure these aren’t stolen?

It seems that many people ordering earlier Silo TVs from Woot received them broken. Silo then wouldn’t honor the warrantee, claiming that the TVs that Woot was selling were stolen. Woot replied to that post saying they would look into it, but never posted a follow up.

Disconcerting… (not that I think Woot stole the TVs, but that Silo would behave shadily and not honor the warrantee).

One more point to note - for those wanting to use this as a PC/games monitor: 24 inch 1920x180 monitors generally run around the same price on sites like amazon, for much better-known brands.

Going this route you sacrifice the TV-tuner and usually the speakers (which you won’t get anything through if you use DVI-HDMI adapters anyway). USB TV-tuners are pretty cheap nowadays though :slight_smile:

Is the Silo 24" tuner able to display the picture in full HD using my rooftop HD Antennae.

Unless you really wanted a cheap 24" tv (kitchen tv?) I don’t see what you buy this for. Probably too small for most rooms with regular viewing. Priced similarly to 24" monitors with far better branding. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236052 (170 with rebate now, but often on sale with free shipping for ~160). I’m probably partial to asus/samsung, but their customer support is fantastic and I’d much rather have my 242H and a tv tuner than this, which would be roughly the same price.

can’t find a good review on this make/model. I say… not this time.

it has a VGA port, so its usable as a monitor.

Get a 27" :slight_smile:

Woot must really be suffering from the bad economy because it would never have used SmartPost on something so large and heavy in the past. For those who don’t know, SmartPost is an economy hybrid service where Fedex would deliver the item from Woot to your local USPS office. Your regular USPS mail carrier will then deliver it to your home. It’s slower (note the logo’s snail below) and there is greater chance of damage – especially for something this large and heavy.

http://static.woot.com/Images/Icons/64x64/SmartPost1.png

Looks like a great deal and I’m tempted but two things especially concern me upon visiting the Silo website. One, the message prominently displayed that says “Purchases made through unauthorized dealers are not covered by the warranty” and, two, that there is no 24" TV listed currently in their product line. Is this a discontinued item and is Woot considered an authorized dealer. Ultimately, what warranty is this 24" TV covered under if the additional SquraeTrade warranty isn’t purchased?