Sima USB Multicable with Firewire

According to the reviews (complaints!) on Amazon, it even says on the box that you can not use it to interconnect Firewire and USB, though the description here and on the Sima page imply that you can.

Too bad that, I would have been all over this one if you could.

Yeah, it seems to me that this contraption was made to hook up something like your camera or cell phone to your computer so that you can transfer files and synchronize, not necessarily to charge your iPod or Droid.

This does look pretty cool-beats having multiple cords/chargers when traveling. However, eBay has this same item for $6.49 with free shipping.
Woot has this way of helping me find things that I never knew I needed…

$24.99 at Home Depot

Home Depot: Sima USB

This cable can connect many things, but it won’t tether your divorced parents’ hearts back together. For that you will need camp and a secret twin.

In my hands on experience with the device, you can not use it to successfully interconnect Firewire and USB for data transfer.

Solved for about 5 bucks… here or $3.40 here.

These are essential. Instead of replacing 4 different chargers to suit my Droid, $4 worth of those adapters did the trick.

Awesome!!

I’m with you 100% - my guess is that is why this failed at the retail level.

VERY COOL! I have Mini USB cables coming out of my ears - Thank you! I bought 10 for $9.90 ($.99 - free shipping!)

I think that micro USB will be the new standard for all the phones/devices.

I will now have enough to keep my Moto Click’s thirst for electricity quenched - along with the Belkin charging kits (AC & 12V>USB) I Wooted some time ago.

Shipping Update
Sima USB Multicable with Firewire has completely shipped via SmartPost. All tracking has been emailed to members who purchased this item. If you would like to find your tracking information sooner, please click the following link and use your ORDER NUMBER as the reference number.

FEDEX TRACKING