Simmons 3" Gel Topper- Your Choice

If you’re already tight, you may need bigger sheets. I’ve got a sewn-on pillow topper, but my sheets had a bit of room, so adding a 3" topper (not this particular brand, but very similar) was still possible. However, with the pillow-top and the gel topper, my bed is almost comically high and perhaps a bit too soft. Sleep quality is definitely better than on pillow-top alone.

The second generation memory foams perform much better than older memory foams.

Your experiences (foam breaking down, sleeping hot) seems like you had purchased lower quality or older foam.

If you are already familiar with memory foam, you will be very pleased with how this high end memory foam performs.

We have many positive reviews from our prior deals on Woot.

I hope this helps.

Can you explain more the effects when using over spring mattress?

In essence, adding the topper would basically be creating a pillowtop mattress.

It would give you extra comfort, extra support and all of the benefits of high quality gel foam.

How much it will be different from a full gel foam mattress?

Typically a gel foam mattress has different layers, it is not made of all gel foam. There would be a Gel Memory foam layer, then a base foam layer.

With a 3"Gel foam topper, you would be sleeping on the same amount of Gel Memory foam as a Gel Memory Foam mattress… At a fraction of the cost!

Hello!
Can someone please provide me with the shipping box dimensions? I need to calculate costs for international shipping, thanks

3" Reversible Topper – Box - 15 x 15 x 18.5 - All Sizes

3" Slab Topper – 15x15x18.5 - Twin and Full , 15x15x26 - Queen, King, CalKing

Thanks very much :slight_smile:

I bought the 2" flat one a couple months ago, best sleep ever. Only thing that could make it better is another 2" lol! Sleeps very cool, especially on cooler nights.

Since a representative is on the forum let me ask-- I bought the 2" one a few months ago and love it. Now I want to buy this one also. How can I shrink the two inch one down to send it to another state. Is there a way to fold it up into a small parcel(and get the air out of it?)How do people send them back?

The best way would be to try to compress the topper yourself.

You are correct about getting the air out of the topper.

Get the topper as small as you can, put it into a plastic garbage bag and use a dry vac to suck out additional air. Then tightly wrap to keep it compressed. It is not easy, but can be done.

Good luck!

No, way too heavy. When I took it out of the box, I noticed that if I wanted to return it, there would be NO way to get it back in. Once it expands, it would be pretty difficult to get it back to a small enough shape to take anywhere.

That being said, I have the reversible gel one and it’s awesome.

Can you explain the differences between the two models? What reasons would you purchase one model over the other?

Thanks

I just bought the reversible gel, but curious as to why the solid gel one costs more?

Both models are made using the same memory foam, just cut in different ways. The reversible topper is sculpted on one side and the slab topper is a solid piece of foam. The slab topper is the most expensive since it has the most foam.

As far as comfort levels, the softest would be the reversible topper with sculpted side up, medium would be the reversible topper with sculpted side down and the most firm would be the slab topper.

I hope this helps!

Can you discuss the difference between the reversible and the nonreversible topper

the manufacturer of this product and will be able to answer questions throughout the feature.
[/quote]
I am with

I bought a similar gel topper (though not a Simmons) here a while back and it has shrunk substantially (there’s now a 2-3" gap between the size of the topper and the mattress).

Is this endemic to the breed or did I just get a poorer quality product? I’d be happy to replace what I have with one of these if it wasn’t going to exhibit the same issue.

Memory foam toppers are typically cut a little smaller than the mattress so that there is no unsightly overhang… but I have never heard of a topper shrinking.

Both are 3" thick, but the reversible is sculpted so there are peaks and valleys… The 3" slab is a solid piece of foam (no cuts).

The slab foam has more foam … more foam = more cost.