Simpson Honda Gas Pressure Washer

Simpson Honda Gas Pressure Washer

Woot:
Simpson MegaShot 2.4GPM 2,800 PSI Gas Pressure Washer with Honda GCV160 Engine - $219.99 - Factory Reconditioned

Ebay:
Simpson Megashot 2.4GPM 3100 PSI - Kohler RH265 engine - $249.99 shipped with coupon code “PRESUMMER” (brand new).

Sam’s Club:

Sam’s Club Members: Simpson MegaShot 3000 - Honda GCV160 engine - PSI 2.4 GPM Gas Pressure Washer $280 + Free Shipping (brand new)

Safe to say you’re saving about $30-60 depending on the engine you want in your Simpson and which vendor you wanna buy it from.

Thinking about going to Costco for my next one because these things break and Costco has a famous return policy. Power washing family I know buys multiple at a time. Also they repair it themselves.

1 Like

I have had my Honda pressure washer for over 10 years (same GCV160 engine). I don’t take good care of it (except plugs and fuel stabilizer), and it starts and runs great year after year. If mine was on its last leg, I would JUMP at this deal

The photo is showing a 3000 psi machine. Mount for hose on the 2800 psi machine is in the back, and this is on the side. Which machine is actually being sold here?

Soooo, the manufacturer put 2800 psi stickers on the boxes. Rather than confuse people when they receive the item, we listed it as 2800 PSI. It is a 3000 PSI unit.

Confused?

Repairing these consumer grade pressure washers is super easy. Honda motors are notoriously long-lived with minimal maintenance (oil, plug and air filter). If the pump goes bad it is easier to replace it than repair it. You can get a new pump of the same specs for anywhere from $75-125 and it’s only three or four bolts to change out, whereas the kits for new seals, etc. run $60-75 and requires a complete disassembly of the pump to install (and even then it may not work).

As for manufacturers, my pressure washer is a Troy-Bilt which is owned by Briggs and Stratton, it has a Honda motor and an AR pump. Go figure. I finally had to replace the pump after more than 10+ years and found one on the mothership for $75. Took me all of 20 minutes to remove the old one, smear some anti-seize compound on the motor shaft, and bolt up the new one.

A little confusing, but at 3000 PSI I’ve wooted it up…
Thanks!

1 Like

On this level you won’t be able to tell the difference between 2500 or 3000 psi - and frankly it won’t make any difference. If you want to increase or decrease the pressure you don’t adjust the unloader valve on the pump, instead you simply select a tip with a different orifice size. For this grade of washer, it will usually come with a 3, 3.5 or 4 tip. Moving up or down in size will vary the pressure depending on the water flow, which is a fixed amount based on the engine rpm. NOTE - This is the size of the hole inside the tip, NOT the width of the fan spray pattern (which is measured in degrees). Here is a link for the chart: Pressure Washer and Jetter Nozzle Calculator

For example, according to the chart at 2.4 gpm (gallons per minute, which is the rating for this washer) a #3 tip will give you about 2500 psi. A #3.5 tip will give you about 1900 psi and a #4 tip about 1400 psi. To generate 3000 psi at 2.4 gpm it would have to use a #2.75 tip - but if it came with a #3 tip you would never know the difference.

You could move down to a #2.5 tip and that would boost the pressure to over 3500 psi which would surpass the pressure rating of the hose and open up the unloader valve. That would be bad.

Just remember - Don’t cross the streams!

Had horrible buy experience with simpson. I would never trust simpson again. last time. Came with cracked motor housing. Leaking oil. How did it pass refurb literally shooting oil out the side of motor. Spent 7 weeks screwing with repair facility that ultimately said honda wont warranty refurb. Simpsons warranty was just for the hose tips. Just the tip. Yep. Thats what they make. Woot refunded and i ended paying to dump it.

Just received my Pressure washer. The entire upper section (handle) is missing. Totally bummed, emailed Woot.

I’m very sorry. You might contact Simpson directly as well. They should be able to ship the piece to you.