Sirius 8-inch Powered Subwoofer

If it was only for teh automobile :frowning:

edit

nevermind… it does work with the automobile

I love my Sirius service, but can’t see the need for this thing. I plug my radio through my receiver.

But I guess if you want bass and you don’t have the system plug through your receiver, go for it.

The price seems a bit high, but why not. You can’t take money with you when the time comes.

I’ll stick with my cars Kicker setup. That 8 doesn’t stand a chance. I’ve already got sirius.

Probably some paper mache woofer! Sirus isnt even in the biz of making speakers!

Someone needs to explain to me why sirius is selling a subwoofer? Don’t they sell sattellite radio? and not car stereo equipment.? What next A Sirius pair of tweeters?

looks like a rock, a pet rock that occasionally woofs!

Sirius is awesome. I’ve been getting Sirius for months now and it’s the best $12.95 a month you’ll ever spend. Awesome music.

Sirius Product Page has the full specs. List price on Sirius is $99.99. Good deal!

OMFG w00t! that was the best podcast you guys have ever done.

“I SOLD MY CAAAAAAR!!!”

I ordered two so I could use them in sterio

Sirius + Howard Stern = pwns xm, Nice Sirius subwoofer at a sweet price only strengthens the pwn

has any one used this item before do they know how it sounds??

Uh, riiiight. Tell that to the sunfire people.

if i order 3 will my mini-van be pumpin or will it be officially pimped?

Opie and Anthony Kill Stern.

I got my X-520 speaker system (including subwoofer) for roughly this price. Pass.

Note that this is manufactured by Directed. Worth the price but this will not cave your head in.

Crutchfield User Reviews

Wish I had the $ to buy-in.

I just got a brand now Sirius subwoofer for my chevy vega
You just did what now?
I said I just got a brand new Sirius subwoofer for my Chevy Vega
That sounds like a pretty fair trade!

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Look, four hundred bucks! Now I’ve finally got the money to upgrade my car stereo.
Oh, that’s great, where’d you come up with that kind of cash?
Well, I sold my car.

Why do you always have your car stereo turned up so loud?
What?
I said, why do you always have your car stereo turned up so loud?
Oh, 'cuz otherwise I find the sirens far too distracting.

Looks pretty nice. An 8" sub isn’t all that good size-wise, but the frequency response range is what really matters. This one goes down to 20Hz – to contrast, a $400 Pioneer sub for home theaters goes down to 25Hz, and a lot of home theater subs only go down to ~50Hz. This is really nice for the price, though I’d pick up two so you can actually get a good, loud setup going. One just isn’t going to cut it.

That said, if you’re playing gangsta rap, don’t bother. Gangsta rap uses dirty bass (~110-120Hz) so this sub is more than you need.

This is a subwoofer for use in a car. It does not need a separate amp. All you have to do is run a power wire from your battery to it, and then a remote line to tell it when to turn on and off with the radio. then your radio must have RCA preouts, like the RCA cables on yourtelevision. hook up left to left and right to right, and you get a thump thump in your trunk trunk. in order for this to work in your house, you need to supply it a 12v power source. its not very practical to put this sub in your house.