Sirius 8-inch Powered Subwoofer

You realize Directed Electronics now owns Polk Audio right?

I have a feeling this thing will sound pretty decent. It’s not gonna win any competitions, or set off any car alarms, but it would be perfect to hook up to a factory head system.

Will it work with an iPod?

I’m surprised that nobody asked this yet.

wow…w00t ripped off a bunch of confused 8 year old japanese girls. For shame, still hilarious though.

Glad I live on the west coast and don’t have to wait 'til midnight (or 1:00AM) to see what they’re going to put up next. As an FM programmer, SATELLITE SUCKS and I don’t need something like this rolling around in the back of the Pacer! It might break one of the fishbowl windows!

8 inch isn’t going to have the deep bass like your standard 10 inch or 12 inch subs.

I have 2 Rockford Fosgate HE2’s 12 inchers with a 975 watt Rockford Fosgate amp. For only have an extended cab Nissan truck this rocks my socks off.

For the money you can’t do much better then this. And this comes with all the hookups you need. It won’t boom boom, but its going to sound better then your stock speakers for sure.

“Preamp- and speaker-level inputs”. Does not need RCA preouts as stated above. You can hook it up to your speaker wires.

Thank you. I was just going to post that exact same thing!

glad someone else wrote this up so i didnt have to. agreed, 101%.

The first thing I wooted was the 2 pack of 8 inch powered tube woofers about a year ago to add cheap bass to my new to me Neon and my sisters car. It has worked OK to this day, adding a small amount of bass that sounds fine for the very small amount of money I spent.
This looks like a much nicer unit for a bit more. Not expecting car rattling bass just hoping for a bit more clean bass then the little tube can do. I have 2 12’s in my old Dart for when I want huge clean bass…

My god, I don’t think that’s ever going to get out of my head.

That’s awesome!!!

I should have gotten this instead of the broken:
8-in 200-Watt Auto Bass Tube w/Built in Amplifier - 2 Pack from Sept of last year.

This thing actually got pretty decent reviews on Crutchfield…

I bought one for my girlfriend. Email me in a week or so and i’ll tell you how it sounds.

Xlabikx@gmail.com

The heatsink looks a little too small to passively cool 80 watts, especially if it gets pushed against the rear seat.

Wow, an 8 inch subwoofer from sirius, now the only thing i need is a stereo system from maytag to play it on

oh man… so late… sorry y’all… i was watching a local college bball game at the bar with some peeps from work
check the comparison site listings for this one on the blog… i’ll try to make it quick… thanks for caring.

So wtf is fuzzball? Is that what gathers around this subwoof as it sits on the floor of your car?

I noticed my car is bass-impaired, but this sounds pretty complicated to install, for someone who has never done much auto sound installation work before. Not to mention, if I installed it, it’d be playing beats from the XM radio I bought from Woot last year, ironically :slight_smile: And I have enough cables snaking around from installing THAT thing.

Just Bought one , Id like to see how this sounds compare to a basslink from infinity …