Six year old Juniper Bonsai - Gift Week

http://www.evesgardeninc.com/bonsai-japanese-juniper-small-oriental.aspx

Bonsai - Japanese Juniper 5-7 Year Old - Oriental Container
Price Each: $24.95

Anybody know how much sun this is going to want? It’s shady in my apartment. Also, will this ship successfully to places that are well, very cold, now?

and will there be a new gift item every day?

i’d like to hear from people who bought it last year.
how did it work out?

I don’t see my state on the shipping list. :frowning:

I kid!

I am in for two…tempting to get four.

These make a very ideal gift IMO, something cool that most sane people would never buy for themselves, but they would be pleased to receive one as a gift.

2 of 'em, ya informed genius!

(read the second post)

2 per day. Might be wine here or there, but I expect most offerings will be able to ship to all states.

One at Midnight and one at Noon each day this week. So 2 each day.

BOONNSSAIII!!!

i just think the name sounds pretty awesome, 1ol.
umm… this might have just answered my question as to what to get mom this christmas, sweet, the thinking job has been taken care of.

Well, technically…

Bonsai - Japanese Juniper 5-7 Year Old - Oriental Container
Item: 10113OR $24.95
Subtotal: $24.95
**Shipping: $11.70
Total: $36.65 **

Wow that story seems oddly familiar im starring at my nice pot of rocks right now, went from a bonsai tree to a Japanese rock garden in only 3 months!

I can’t believe I am saying this, but I have always thought these were cool.

Surely someone in my family would like this…

I’m in for 1!

Got two of these. One as a gift to my uncle that’s a botanist (his yard looks like a jungle) and one for me (I kept a cactus alive until I had to replant it to a bigger pot, at which point it died horribly). let’s see who’s lasts longer!

Well, this item seems to have more negative comments in the first 15 minutes than I have ever seen. On top of the fact that it has NOTHING to do, even remotely, with wine.

And WD seems to have crawled into a hole that does not allow a response to be heard. Since you have responded once this evening, we know you are out there. What’s the story?? Is this a week on non-wine related offers? Curious minds want to know!!

Reposting from the top of the page (which was a repost from the most recent woot newsletter):

“not wine” does not mean “not wine related”. This could have been a week of accessories, coolers, books, software, etc. that are wine related, and therefore, keeping with the theme of this site.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
:slight_smile:

That is good that it has not grown much. The less you have to prune the top or the roots. Years ago I use to make these and found they lived better if they were put outside in the summer and keep pruning off any new growth to keep it small. In the house it has to be in a very bright window and don’t let it dry out to long or drown it.

thanks Corrado. Yea, thought we’d mix it up this week. Will return to regularly scheduled wine programming next week (two wines next week in time for Christmas) Hope you have fun with this.