Six year old Juniper Bonsai

any ideas on how to care for this thing?

so while we are waiting to find out if this produces enough berries to make Gin, can I feed it wine?

Nice marshmallow peep…

Do you need to be 21 to receive the package for this? (JUST CHECKING)!

Sweet!
Now I’m guessing the normal wine.woot shipping restrictions (i.e. destination) don’t apply.

Oh, man. These will never hold up to shipping and aren’t the least bit wine related. Why?

Is this a special kind of bonsai tree that you feed wine instead of water?

You haven’t accidentally blundered into ArtificiallyStuntedPlants.Woot.

lol

Bonsai Quick Care Guide

1. No direct sunlight…it will burn your tree.
    * Early morning or late afternoon sun is okay.
    * Keep your bonsai in an area with filtered or indirect sunlight such as under a tree, on a covered patio, screened porch, etc.
  2. Saturate your bonsai with water daily.
    * Misting your bonsai is fine but you must also pour water on it to saturate the soil.
  3. Keep your bonsai outdoors.
    * You can keep your bonsai indoors for only a few days at a time for display purposes and then it must go back outside for a few days.

Dude…Just take it with you. It’s pretty damn small so you could carry it around with you like a pet or something…

Important question – Am I still not able to receive this if I’m drunk when it shows up?

i’m not too enthused about this. the tree itself is cool and i might even buy but i was looking forward to some VINO!

This just might be a great price…

what size is it approx.? It’s so damn hard to tell without a reference (And the marshmallow peep doesn’t count!!)

EDIT: I just missed the “seven inch tall” reference in the description, thanks

Ever eat a pine tree? Many parts are edible.

How do you ship this thing? what if it comes damaged?

I have a juniper bonsai, and it stays inside year-round. It requires a bit more attention than a normal plant but its rewarding.

The thing about that is, i go to school way far away from home. I flew home for thanksgiving for instance

From the link from tacky woot, it goes FedEx Ground.

Also head over there for the podcast about this week.

http://www.evesgardengifts.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=4
Japanese Juniper - 6 Year Old
SKU: 10113
6 year-old Japanese Juniper Bonsai Tree comes in a 8 inch handmade Ceramic Container. Container color and style may vary. The tree is approximately 8-10 inches tall and 8-10 inches wide.
Your Price: $29.95

Bonsai take a bit of work to care for. You can’t just let them go for a week or two.

http://www.greengold.com.au/greengold/CARENOTES/CARENOTES/bonsai.htm