sixthreezero EVRYjourney Hybrid Bicycle

sixthreezero EVRYjourney Hybrid Bicycle

If the specs listed on the Woot page are correct, you’re buying the bike in the first two pics, NOT the one in the pics with the woman. They’re different!

The good:

• Shimano drivetrain instead of a no-name. And the gears are internal, which is very low-maintenance.
  • Steel fork for a smoother ride.
  • Pretty color.
  • Normal front rim brake - that’s the one upon which you’ll want to primarily rely.
  • Rack and fenders included, so you can stay dry and bring your shopping home.

The eh or bad:

• Only three speeds, so don’t get this for anywhere hilly.
  • Rear coaster brake, meaning you can’t pedal backwards to, say, adjust your pedal position before you restart because that’s how you brake. I associate coaster brakes with kids’ bikes.
  • Probably heavy, with this no-name aluminum body and mostly no-name components.

Can you help me out here? I’m not seeing the difference.

The bike in the third picture has a derailleur on the rear axle, rather than internal gears, and a caliper rear brake rather than a coaster brake.

1 Like

Dang! Good :eyes:

I looked again and again but never saw that.

$529 for a beach cruiser is a ridiculous price.

2 Likes

Can anyone explain the “hybrid” part of this? I haven’t owned a bike in 10+ years, I thought this meant it was partly electrical.

good luck with that question… Their site is vague… see pics and the forums and reviews on their site are kind of sketchy!
https://www.sixthreezero.com/pages/contact-us Probably a place to ask them if they respond…
When you hover over the bikes “hybrid” takes you to this page…

When you hover over “electric” "hybrid , takes you to this page:

This is what I found online, but , even stranger , yet about “hybrid bicycle”
" What is hybrid bike cycle? ( Notice the photo has a 10 speed type bike! lol)

Image result for sixthreezero evryjourney hybrid bicycle

Hybrid cycles have flat and straight handlebars and an upright seat to help the rider sit comfortably with a good posture. Boasting lightweight alloy frames with thinner wheels and smooth tyres, hybrid bikes allow you to ride at fast speeds without causing much strain to the body."

1 Like

The things you’re labeling as negatives are standard for “touring bikes”. At least they were when we still had a Schwinn store and I had a bike custom built for me.

1 Like

For one thing, touring bikes usually have fatter tires that are not “semi-slick”. I will have to look again to see other differences. They’re usually heavier than racing types and only three speeds. The hybrid seems to be between a racing type and an off road type like a beach bike or a mountain bike. That’s my initial impression.

1 Like

Maybe so, but their use of “hybrid” even on their own site for 2 different things is very strange. I have touring, racing, mountain, and even an old school Schwinn banana seat, and yet , they keep coming up with new “catch phrases”

1 Like

You are absolutely right about the way these “catch phrases” with made-up meanings are used.

I’m a little envious. I wish I still had my childhood Schwinn “Fair Lady”. It was purple with a glittery silver banana seat!

? Touring bikes are absolutely not 3-speeds with coaster brakes and no-name brakes, crankset, pedals, etc. Those are the negatives I listed. Internal gear hubs, belt drives, steel bodies, relaxed geo, and bosses that let you install racks and fenders are things I associate with touring bikes (though obviously they’re not all on every tour bike! Especially the IGH!).

If you were still wondering: A hybrid is something between a mountain bike and a road bike. They have flat handlebars but don’t always have a suspension fork. They’re anywhere from completely upright to a “sporty” fit but nowhere near as tucked as a racing bike. The tires are usually somewhere between the two, as well. Something like 32mm is common. A lot of city bikes are hybrids.

A decent hybrid can usually be had for cheaper than a decent road bike. For an example of quality hybrids, check out Specialized’s Sirrus line or Jamis’ Coda line.

Sorry, I obviously mis-read or missed altogether the no-name part of your first post.
I had only considered Schwinn bikes for my college bike in 1976 or so and they were not no-name anything. The Schwinn store was all we had in our little beach town at the time.

The touring types I looked at were three speeds. I didn’t want a beach bike to take to a college town. But a hybrid-type would have been nice. Some years after that time, department stores began carrying Schwinn and other brands formerly sold by specialty stores. But I was glad I had mine customized by someone who specialized in a brand. Adults who are far under five feet tall don’t want kid’s bikes! If so, I would have kept my childhood purple Fair Lady!

1 Like

That’s a tough height! There are some good women’s brands and unisex brands that go really small on size these days, thank goodness. Liv (Giant’s women’s line), Surly, and All City are some off the top of my head. I think Jamis, as well. Specialized, too, if you get a woman-oriented model. I’m 5’4", and I ride a medium of their women’s Sirrus (I don’t think that specific model comes gendered anymore, though; I’m not sure). My 5’1", shorter-legged friend rides a small Bianchi Torino that fits her nicely.

2 Likes